Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] How To Completely Uninstall Bitdefender

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Installation

Here are the steps for uninstalling Bitdefender completely from your PC

Softwares/Tools Required

1) Bitdefender Uninstall Tool

2) CCleaner

3) Argente Utilities

4) Runscanner

For Novice Users

1) Download and run Bitdefender Uninstall Tool

2) Restart your PC when it is done

3) For Quick Cleaning: Download and execute CCleaner and clean from “Cleaner” and “Registry” options.

4) For Thorough Cleaning: Download and execute Argente Utilities and clean from "Registry Cleaner" , "Disk

Cleaner" and "Privacy Cleaner"

5) Restart your PC.

Don't forget to configure the CCleaner and Argente Utilities.

For Advanced Users Only

Sometimes even performing above steps, some Drivers/Files related to Bitdefender still present in the system and to uninstall them, do the following

1) Do all above steps for Novice Users.

2) Execute Runscanner, select Expert Mode and click Scan Computer button. Then filter and select the results

from “Files not found” and “Unsigned Files” from the below options

Malware Hunting --> Unrated Items and Loaded Modules

and

Extra Stuff ---> All Autostart Items

3) Also manually search for Bitdefender and AVC in all above said options.

4) And then fix them from the option “Item Fixer” and close the software.

5) Then for safe side manually search for “Bitdefender” in System Drive, Registry and Windows Device

Manager and delete the entries/items/drivers.

6) Restart your PC.

Important Note: Kindly note that the procedure for Advanced Users is only for skilled computer users and has technical knowledge. It is strongly un-recommended for Novice or Average Users.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Actually we recommend to uninstall Bitdefender from Control Panel, reboot and use the Uninstall Tool to clean leftovers.

With all the respect, the procedure is too complicated for some users.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Actually we recommend to uninstall Bitdefender from Control Panel, reboot and use the Uninstall Tool to clean leftovers.

Take care.

All Users – Some Users = Most Users :)

The “Some Users” can follow the procedure for Novice Users except step 4.

To my experience, the Uninstall tool doesn't clean the leftovers completely. You can catch out them by doing manual search in Registry and System Drive and may be in Device Manager.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Some files are left there because they could be used in a future installation.

If the customer want to install it again, those files are pretty useful.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Users feedback will be appreciated whether the procedure is useful or not. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Also, I forgot to mention, registry cleaners must be used with precaution, sometimes can causes issues with software by deleting the wrong registry keys.

From that list, CCleaner creates a registry backup before the actual cleaning process and if something goes wrong, you can import the backup in registry and all goes to normal.

Take care.

• rrpawluk
    Options

Take care.

After running the uninstall tool from Bitdefender there is no longer a BD icon in the Add/Remove Programs window so I can not have Windows to the uninstall. Yet BD starts at each reboot! What do I do now?? It is unconscionable that BD does not have an uninstall tool for its 251 MB new software.

My entire system is unstable with two recent blue screen errors --- and now I have no way to uninstall the software...??! I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the tech support people to respond ...online chat and phone support were... utterly ridiculous. I adored BD for last 5 years ...and loyally directed many to the company... now left hanging and vulnerable. Shameful.

-R

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

You can use the same procedure to uninstall any Antivirus thoroughly from your system. As a Step 1, just you have to download and run the official uninstall tool for the Antivirus to be uninstalled from here Uninstall Tools Links For Antivirus Softwares and perform the remaining steps as said.

Also in the Step 5 of the "For Advanced Users Only", manually search for the respective Antivirus traces in the System Drive, Registry and Windows Device Manager and delete the entries/items/drivers etc.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

For other questions and requests, please post on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.