Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Details Settings

Options

I'm a little confused on these "Network Details" seetings. I know my laptop is "Home" so that is not an issue. Should the Stealth Mode remain "Remote" and "Generic" remain yes? I'm just using a laptop like a home PC with a router. It doesn't leave the house so I just need to keep the settings basic. I read the .pdf for BDIS 2012 and it confuses me even more on those last 2 settings. I wish those .pdf's were written more for people that often feel confused like me. Just kidding, but you know what I mean, a little simpler maybe. Just help me with the last 2 settings please? Thank You!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Let's clear some things.

The generic option will allow the firewall mode to use the same settings for all adapters, basically will clone the settings that you have set for adapters with the same characteristics(wired or wireless).

With the remote option, from the local network, your PC can be pinged, but not from the internet.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Let's clear some things.

The generic option will allow the firewall mode to use the same settings for all adapters, basically will clone the settings that you have set for adapters with the same characteristics(wired or wireless).

With the remote option, from the local network, your PC can be pinged, but not from the internet.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

This is what I meant by not understanding. Are these the settings I want to keep for my laptop? Do I want my laptop to be able to be pinged from the internet? Idon't know what that means so I'm throwing this back to you for clarity. Beings that I only have one adapter wouldn't I just want to leave it alone? I'm just looking for good normal seetings.

• coolcool1227
    Options

You can try this

Stealth Mode: ON

Block Port Scan: Enable

Network Type: Home/Trusted

Paranoid Mode: ON

IDS: Normal

Monitor Wi-Fi Notifications: ON

Generic: No (Since you have only one adapter and it is better to set it to NO if you have multiple adapters as you can set different Network settings for each adapter according to the purpose of their use)

• You can try this

Stealth Mode: ON

Block Port Scan: Enable

Network Type: Home/Trusted

Paranoid Mode: ON

IDS: Normal

Monitor Wi-Fi Notifications: ON

Generic: No (Since you have only one adapter and it is better to set it to NO if you have multiple adapters as you can set different Network settings for each adapter according to the purpose of their use)

Thanks for the reply. I kept the settings at Home/Remote/No on the Firewall and ran a Shields Up test and it came up totally Stealth, so that's where I'll stay. Thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Please also check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Have a great weekend!