[fixed] Safebox Folder

ozziebear
ozziebear ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to remove Safebox Folder from the desktop? I delete it and it comes back every time I open Bitdefender. I am not using the Safebox feature.

Comments

• hi !

believe it or not i am not facing the same problem,

the first time i installed the bitdefender Safebox folder was

appearing in desktop but simply when i deleted it , it never

came back.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Thankyou for the reply. It is funny how everyones' computer seems to work, or not work, a little differently than the other guys. I do have some empathy for the Bitdefender tech people who must try and sort all of these quirks out.

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to turn Safebox off? I already use Carbonite and don't need Safebox. I keep getting event notifications that say a restart is necessary in order to sink folders.

Every time I delete the Safebox folder from my desktop it returns. I've signed on to MyBitdefender and can't find any setting there to turn Safebox off either.

• Hi,

Having the same problem too. Keep deleting the folder, but it just keeps re-appearing. Very annoying actually!

Looking forward to receiving a permanent "fix" for this.

• Hi,

Having the same problem too. Keep deleting the folder, but it just keeps re-appearing. Very annoying actually!

Looking forward to receiving a permanent "fix" for this.

Add another for an irritating re-appearing folder on the desktop whilst Safebox is turned OFF on BD.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

Hello :)

Have you tried to Unsync that folder and not simply delete it? Also, it is now a folder, it is just a shortcut, the default location is not Desktop.

Go to the Safebox module, click on Manage -> Manage folders and select the default one and click the Unsync button.

Thank you!

post-9374-1341496459_thumb.png

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Have you tried to Unsync that folder and not simply delete it? Also, it is now a folder, it is just a shortcut, the default location is not Desktop.

Go to the Safebox module, click on Manage -> Manage folders and select the default one and click the Unsync button.

Thank you!

Yes I have tried that. It has no effect. Safebox folder still appears on the desktop every time Bitdefender is opened.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Do you have Auto Sync turned on or off?

I need these so I can run some tests.

Take care.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Do you have Auto Sync turned on or off?

I need these so I can run some tests.

Take care.

I have tried it both with auto sync on and with auto sync off. The folder is recreated regardless.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I have escalated this issue to our developers.

Until the fix will be delivered(expected in the next product update), please move the shortcut to a place on the desktop so it doesn't interfere with your work.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Have a great day!

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

I have escalated this issue to our developers.

Until the fix will be delivered(expected in the next product update), please move the shortcut to a place on the desktop so it doesn't interfere with your work.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Have a great day!

Hi Christian, I am happy to report that after my system was upgraded to build 16.16.0.1349 today, the reappearing Safebox Folder issued has been fixed. Now when deleted, the folder does not come back. Well done!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Am glad to hear that.

As I mentioned here, the latest update included a small patch for Safebox too:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148172

Take care.

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭

I am already at version 16.16.0.1349 and the problem hasn't gone away! :huh:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Have you restarted the PC after the product update?

Thank you!

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭

Safebox problem seems to have gone away...Thanks :D:D:D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Thank you for your feedback!

I will leave this topic open for now just to be sure everything is OK and after a few days I will consider the case resolved.

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Thank you!

Oh,your BitDefender has so many funtions.Mine is less then yours.

I am a Chinese user.So I using BitDefender of Chinese.It lacks of some funtions.

Mine only has Antivirus,Privacy Control ,Firewall,Update and anti-junk mail.