Instalation Down Load

I am trying to install 2013, but it doesnt start the download, is the server down?? I have uninstalled 2012 with the tool.

Jeff

Comments

• I am trying to install 2013, but it doesnt start the download, is the server down?? I have uninstalled 2012 with the tool.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, based upon my own experience, and if you want your license from the 2012 version to transfer to the 2013 version, it is best if you first re-install the 2012 version. You may or may not have to reboot. Then install the 2013 version OVER the 2012 version. the 2013 installer will detect the 2012 version and tell you that it must uninstall the 2012 version if you want the 2013 version. Give the 2013 installer permission and let it uninstall the 2012 version. You'll have to reboot then.

After the reboot, the 2013 version will then wait for your permission to install. After that installation (and possibly a reboot at the end), you'll find that your 2012 license has transfered to the 2013 version (number of days or years left in your license.

I hope this helps.

• Hi ,

Thanks. Which is annoying because that is not what the installtion post states, unistall first then reinstall. grrrrr.

Jeff

• No, there is a problem with server. the 2012 version wont download either. And before any knucklehead says, check your internet, How am I sending these posts, pidgeon mail ????

Jeff

• The server is still down. I have found the link to download the app in full, the install it.

Jeff

• I wonder what went wrong here. Usually, the server has back ups if the main one fails.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

We checked the logs from our servers and mirrors and they are up running for more than 3 months.

Have you followed these instructions to install the product?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Have you tried to use the offline installation kit available here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Have a great weekend!