Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Can't Use Logmein With Bitdefender Is 2013

Options

I have tried Logmein on two different computers running Windows 7. Works fine when Bitdefender is unistalled. I can not connect to remote host with Logmein when Bitdefender IS 2013 is installed.

I have found a work-around though. Disabling Scan SSL under Privacy Tab allows Logmein to work.

Please fix this issue.

Comments

• stebo12
    edited July 2012
    Options

Systems I had the problem on:

Windows 7 x64

2 different installations of BIS 2013 on two clean PCs

IE 8/9

Chrome

Firefox

• Sorter
    Options
    I have tried Logmein on two different computers running Windows 7. Works fine when Bitdefender is unistalled. I can not connect to remote host with Logmein when Bitdefender IS 2013 is installed.

I have found a work-around though. Disabling Scan SSL under Privacy Tab allows Logmein to work.

Please fix this issue.

Logmein is awesome. I am running BDTS2011 (Total Security 2011) and I run LogMein

almost everyday. You might want to consider reverting back to 2011. I could not care

less about a flashy GUI, all I care about is performance. I've been waiting for almost a

year now for the all new and improved 2013 and from all the negative postings here at

this forum about 2013 and 2012, no thanks. I had more than my share of headaches

and glitches with 2011 but have finally got it running well on my own and client machines.

I'm running WinHP 7 in both x32 and x64 and experienced no LogMein (Free) failures .

BTW, I continue to use BD because overall it seems to be the best protection available,

even with the glitches. Guess I'll be waiting now for the 2014 improvement? If BD and

most all other companies would spend more money on engineering and less money on

marketing nonsense, I think they would be amazed with the word-of-mouth advertising.

• stebo12
    Options

Thanks. I am going to give that a shot right now.

• stebo12
    Options

I just installed BIS 2011 and love the layout and expert mode. The only thing that concerns me if 'how safe is an older version of an antivirus'. It would seem as if missing features would make it less secure.

• Sorter
    Options
    I just installed BIS 2011 and love the layout and expert mode. The only thing that concerns me if 'how safe is an older version of an antivirus'. It would seem as if missing features would make it less secure.

I know, the GUI is so much better on 2011 but I too was concerned about compromising my protection. The very first BD CS rep I chatted with gave me a very honest answer and seemed to really know his stuff. He said he too used the 2011 at home because he also preferred the older 2011 GUI. He said I would not be compromising any security except for the huestics feature. He explained that the huestics was not that big of a deal and that when using 2011 the signature algorithm files are identical to the newer versions. I have been running BDTS2011x32 and the x64 version since Jan 2012 and really like it. If you have some kind of PC clean program running in your task tray, such as CCleaner or ASC5 (Advanced Standard Care 5) remove it from auto loading as a resident. It's okay to use it when you need it, just don't have it running in the background the way so many applications try to install. Hopefully you will be able to get the most out of BD without all the headaches, good luck.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

We provide the same updates and definitions in all our products, no matter the version.

Of course, the modules are improved in the latest products, bu the detection and protection is the same on all our products.

Take care.

• When will the issue affecting Logmein be addressed please? Thank you.

• JJI
    JJI
    edited September 2012
    Options

Same problem here... I get Connection failed after the 'Certificate issued by: Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender' shows...

Thank for the help Christian, I'll be waiting too...

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

This issue was resolved in the latest product update.

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.