Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ad Muncher And Bitdefender 2013 Conflicting

Options

Upon downloading Bitdefender 2013 my Ad Muncher ceased to be operational on websites - once Bitdefender was uninstalled and replaced with another product all is good - I’ve been using the 2012 version for six months with Ad Muncher with no problems - is there a configuration in 2013 that will solve this issue?

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Jonathan, and welcome :)

You can try adding it to the exclusions list, and see if that helps.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

Cheers :)

• Hi Jonathan, and welcome :)

You can try adding it to the exclusions list, and see if that helps.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35502

Cheers :)

Thanks - will do.

• columbo
    Options

Since I remembered I had a license for Ad Muncher, I installed it on a a notebook with Bitdefender 2013 AV+. I's my test partition, so I figured why not try. It did work right off the bat, without adding the admuncher.exe to process exclusions. I saw a thread on the BD 2012 forum that at one time there may have been a problem, but they seemed to have gotten that one figured out, as you know.

So if our first step didn't work, you can try disabling some of the Antiphishing options from the Privacy Control settings, and see if that helps. Otherwise we may need to do a total clean install of BD using the full offline download kit.

By the way, which 2013 version are you using?

AdMuncherandBD1.jpg

AdMuncherandBD.jpg

• l4d44
    Options

Hello. I am also having a similar issue. I just purchased and installed BitDefender Internet Security 2013 [build 16.16.0.1348] and immediately noticed that AD Muncher no longer blocks/filters ads on any of my browsers (IE9, Chrome, Firefox).

I added the Ad Muncher process + folder to the Bitdefender "exclusion" list and the firewall rule has FULL access and I also disabled the Anti-phishing options as suggested and it's still NOT working. I've also uninstalled and re-installed Bitdefender but still a no-go.

I was previously using another Internet Security and Ad Muncher worked flawlessly. And when Bitdefender was removed, Ad Muncher worked normal (blocking all ads on sites). This is an issue obviously related to Bitdefender.

Please advice. Thank you.

• Thank you for reporting this l4d44 - we have identical issues - when I contacted Ad Muncher for assistance on the subject - Jeff’s first reply was “Using Trusteer Rapport or BitDefender?” - to be fair I have enjoyed my use of Bitdefender and look forward to a solution - hopefully someone will realize why it wasn’t a problem with the 2012 version - regardless there’s ample antivirus solutions - but only one Ad Muncher.

• l4d44
    Options

I also emailed Ad Muncher Tech Support and this was Jeff's reply:

Ad Muncher doesn't work with BitDefender.

Only BitDefender can fix this.

Please file a report with them.

You'll need to remove BitDefender for now.

I'm now debating if I should stick with Bitdefender 2013 or go back to Norton Internet Security 2012 (or 2013 Beta).

• Hello,

I also have this issue and so far the only way I was able to make admuncher work is to uninstall bitdefender.

This is the reply I go from admuncher support:

“BitDefender is not compatible with Ad Muncher.

You'll need to use something other than BitDefender if they can't help you fix it.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Cole”

So far bitdefender support was not able to help either.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

I will run some tests on this and if needed I will report the issue to our developers.

I will be here soon with a solution/workaround.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Have a great weekend!

• columbo
    Options

@ l4d44, Thanks for trying the suggested resolutions I offered, as at least this gave Christian some background info. to work with.

• Hey Christian, any progress?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I was able to run some tests on this and will run some more in the weekend.

As a workaround, please use the following FREE extension for Firefox or Chrome:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/c...aibdccddilifddb

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Have a great weekend!

• AdMuncher 4.93 was released over the weekend and it seems to work with BitDefender 2013. I just hope it does not "break" again after a BitDefender update.

• alex14469...thank you for reporting - I reinstalled the “Dragonwolf” and Ad Muncher is indeed back - the eternal question persists - was it the chicken? OR was it the egg? :)
  • Deluxe
    Options

I was able to run some tests on this and will run some more in the weekend.

As a workaround, please use the following FREE extension for Firefox or Chrome:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/c...aibdccddilifddb

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Have a great weekend!

Really?

You recommend to remove Admuncher?

A software i payed a lot money for...

And still after the new Admuncher update bitdefender is killing it..

Please tell us how to keep admuncher working with bitdefender...

omg

• l4d44
    Options
    AdMuncher 4.93 was released over the weekend and it seems to work with BitDefender 2013. I just hope it does not "break" again after a BitDefender update.

Still NOT working for me....and I'm exrtremely frustrated and disappointed with Bitdefender.

This is the 1st AV/IS that I've ever seen that does this with Ad Muncher. Furthermore, WHY hasn't this issue been addressed/fixed yet?

I shelled out $49+ for a license to a security suite that is obviously BROKEN and with no clear solution from the tech support team.

ALL OTHER INTERNET SECURITY SUITES DON''T HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH AD MUNCHER EXCEPT BIT DEFENDER!!!

Can we get some CLEAR ansers as to WHEN this problem will be corrected and WHY it's taking so long?????

Someone, anyone????

• l4d44
    Options

IGNORE my rant above. Apparently there was a BD Update in "Events" that I did not run and after a reboot, Ad Muncher is now working as it should.

Deluxe, if you haven't already - check for this update and install it and you should be good to go. on the main gui, check to see if you have an update available under "events."

Again I apologize for my last post. I was just extremely frustrated (not sure if that was obvious or not, LOL).

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation.

@ Deluxe

I didn't post to uninstall the software, just to use those extensions as a workaround.

Please provide me with your feedback to see if Bitdefender and that software is working properly now. You should have 4.93 and Bitdefender 2013 Build: 16.16.0.1349

Thank you. Have a great weekend!