[resolved] Where Is Remote Control Feature?

Where is this option? I could not find anywhere.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012

Hello :)

Did you looked in My Bitdefender? You can update, start a scan, register the product and all from the cloud :)

When you open the My Bitdefender page from the product, you have on the lower side of the page all the devices that have Bitdefender installed and you can control it from there.

Take care.

• Sir_Vikin
    edited July 2012

I too had trouble finding this at first, but its there... However, is there any way to have the list of devices show names? For example, the list shows my 2 computers by name, but my 3 cell phone are all the same model and are listed as Nexus S 4G, not the name (my phone is named "Vikin's" but to find it I have to go into anti-theft first!) which means that I have to hunt through the different phones to find the one that I want.. Can this be fixed?

• Oh..I see..I check the said option already but since there is nothing mention as Remote Control there.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

For the mobile devices, the information will be imported from the operating system and that's why you see there Nexus S 4G.

For the PCs/notebooks, it will show the name and a possible identification code(in case you reinstall the product on the same machine).

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will see if this can be improved.

Take care.

• I have tried Remote Control to register a product and all it does each time is spin forever and never does a registration. Am I missing something?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Did you used a wireless connection to send the command?

Also, that other PC is behind a firewall?

Thank you!

• Wasn't aware about Remote Control until I rad this Forum.

Good to know it's available! :D

• Hello :)

We moved 2 of our modules in the cloud: Parental Control and Remove Management (in Bitdefender 2012 it was called Network Management).

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.