Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2013 - Issues I Have

Options

Hello all,

after reading the posts here on the forum I think some of us 'share' similar issues with our Bitdefender Total Security or one of its sub-products. After using this tool for slightly more than one month I decided to summarize my experience with it. I'm running the product on Lenovo Thinkpad T60 with Core 2 Duo processor running at 1,83 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, fresh install of fully updated Windows XP SP3. I'm not using any anti-malware, -spyware or -virus tools. Since I've installed the TS 2013 the following issues are present on a daily basis:

- Laptop remains idle up to 5 minutes when I wake it up from sleep (cannot even move the mouse pointer)

- When I don't use the PC for more than couple of hours the internet stops working - only solution is restart of PC

- sometimes the Internet stops working for couple of minutes (it's on a random basis, but I can see that the "Antenna Led" is blinking so clearly 'something' is using internet)

- Firefox (latest version but I don't remember which one was it) was crashing...well...every 5 minutes, I had to switch to Chrome otherwise I could not even watch a single video on Youtube

- the Windows Widget shows me that there are some issues that require my attention but when I click the number in red square I cannot see any issue highlighted as critical

- Somehow the tool is switching from Auto Pilot mode to User mode on its own, again on a random basis

As I wrote earlier, I saw that many other users already experienced one or more of the issues that I mentioned (and they shared their experience quite some time ago) but despite numerous updates nothing have been corrected so far. I believe the TS2013 is a great tool for staying protected against various threats coming from the internet, I like the SafePay feature very much and I think the SafeBox is a great solution too. However with the aforementioned issues my experience is far from being perfect. If there is something I can do on my side that would improve the performance of TS2013 on my PC then please somebody speak up and help me - thanks very much for that in advance. Otherwise I'm really considering that I ask for a refund.

Thanks again and regards, Will.

Comments

• I asked for a refund here: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

I have not received any email confirming that I raised a ticket, is that normal?

It has now been more than 24 hours and no reply from them. How much time do they usually take?

Thanks.

• I asked for a refund here: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

I have not received any email confirming that I raised a ticket, is that normal?

It has now been more than 24 hours and no reply from them. How much time do they usually take?

Thanks.

Good luck waiting for a reply. If i were you, i just get a refund, uninstall and go with diff vendor. They don't care, why should u. I've been there and i know how it is, nothing but problems, unless u have all the time in the world to tackle all the problems with BD and support that never replied within 24 hrs as promised plus the problem never been solved anyways.

• Well, my experience is positive, despite there are few (minor) points that require attention and must be fixed.

I hope they'll do it soon, my experience with other security suites (I don't mention which one) was even worst....

So I am sticking to BD.

• Hello all,

after reading the posts here on the forum I think some of us 'share' similar issues with our Bitdefender Total Security or one of its sub-products. After using this tool for slightly more than one month I decided to summarize my experience with it. I'm running the product on Lenovo Thinkpad T60 with Core 2 Duo processor running at 1,83 GHz, 2 GB of RAM, fresh install of fully updated Windows XP SP3. I'm not using any anti-malware, -spyware or -virus tools. Since I've installed the TS 2013 the following issues are present on a daily basis:

- Laptop remains idle up to 5 minutes when I wake it up from sleep (cannot even move the mouse pointer)

- When I don't use the PC for more than couple of hours the internet stops working - only solution is restart of PC

- sometimes the Internet stops working for couple of minutes (it's on a random basis, but I can see that the "Antenna Led" is blinking so clearly 'something' is using internet)

- Firefox (latest version but I don't remember which one was it) was crashing...well...every 5 minutes, I had to switch to Chrome otherwise I could not even watch a single video on Youtube

- the Windows Widget shows me that there are some issues that require my attention but when I click the number in red square I cannot see any issue highlighted as critical

- Somehow the tool is switching from Auto Pilot mode to User mode on its own, again on a random basis

As I wrote earlier, I saw that many other users already experienced one or more of the issues that I mentioned (and they shared their experience quite some time ago) but despite numerous updates nothing have been corrected so far. I believe the TS2013 is a great tool for staying protected against various threats coming from the internet, I like the SafePay feature very much and I think the SafeBox is a great solution too. However with the aforementioned issues my experience is far from being perfect. If there is something I can do on my side that would improve the performance of TS2013 on my PC then please somebody speak up and help me - thanks very much for that in advance. Otherwise I'm really considering that I ask for a refund.

Thanks again and regards, Will.

Watching videos and stuff freezing is hella annoying, didn't happen to me before I updated. To top it off too I notice things are running slower a scan taking 2 hours now? lol when it use to only take 10minutes

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Will,

While you waiting for a refund response, don't hesitate to contact "Customer Care Service" for resolving all of your issues in BDTS 2013, from your post I concluded that you did not even tried .

Yours is right to be unhappy and disappointed, but and the others anti- virus softwares have a problems. Nobody's perfect, believe me.

The only difference between Bitdefender and the others is that most of others do not even thought about a refund. Here you may to choose even if you waiting for a while.

While you are waiting for a response from the Tehnical Support, I suggest that you perform a reinstall:

1). chose "uninstall a program" via control panel, do it uninstall + restart

2). use uninstall tool for 2013 version from here http://www.mediafire.com/?kz4csfp1zoifvwh ( right click < run as administrator) +restart when process finished

3). For any case use "Ccleaner" ( download free version from here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download ) in clean mode and after that in clean registry mode ( delete only Bitdefender keys) + restart

4). run clean instalation from here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42 ( right click < run as administrator)

When you finished, please send to us your feedback.

Have a nice day !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.18.0.1406(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=151654

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.