Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Remote Desktop Port Change Not Opened In 2012

Options

I have three computers in my office. I am using remote desktop connection to access. I have already change my 2nd computer remote desktop port from 3389 to 45151 . I am using bit defender internet security 2012 in windows 7 ultimate. But there is no option in genereal rule to add port 45151 to listening. when i off firewall my remote desktop connection works but when i on firewall it didinot work. Please guide me how can i open or add 45151 port for remote desktop connection for 2nd computer. Earlier i had BIS 2011 installed and there is available option to add rule in general in advanced category to add rule for port like system, svchost etc. But in BIS 2012 in general rule i cant add port manually. Only Displayed "Remote Desktop Connection Allow" Please guide me how to add rule for port for Remote Desktop Connection which is 45151....

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi Pankaj :)

As you have mentioned the 2012 version may be a little different that what you're used to. Here is a link to achieve what you're looking for (click on Christian's link in his response), it is done through Application Rules. On step #4, below where it says open the application name, by highlighting it and click, Add Rule, or expand the plus sign, and double click the Any Network to open the Rules/settings page.

Hope this helps :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hello :)

There is a solution for this case:

Start the PC in Safe Mode

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE"

Now, go to this location C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\Firewall and open rules.xml with Notepad.

Search in the document for: 3390 and 3389

Now, replace all the values with the port that you want to add for the Remote Desktop Connections.

If you have Bitdefender 2012 installed on both PCs, you should make the changes on the other system too.

Example:

<rule action="0" protocol="6" ipVersion="3" direction="3" directPath="1" profileFlags="2" ruleFlags="2" trafficType="7" checkCmdLine="0" md5="C78655BC80301D76ED4FEF1C1EA40A7D" startHour="0" startMin="0" endHour="23" endMin="59" weekDays="255" parentsHash="0000000000000000">

<path>c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe</path>

<cmdLine></cmdLine>

<local_network address="0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000" mask="0"></local_network>

<remote_networks count="0"></remote_networks>

<local_ports count="2">

<port_range min="2177" max="2177"></port_range>

<port_range min="3390" max="3390"></port_range>

</local_ports>

<remote_ports count="0"></remote_ports>

<remote_macs count="0"></remote_macs>

</rule>

to:

<rule action="0" protocol="6" ipVersion="3" direction="3" directPath="1" profileFlags="2" ruleFlags="2" trafficType="7" checkCmdLine="0" md5="C78655BC80301D76ED4FEF1C1EA40A7D" startHour="0" startMin="0" endHour="23" endMin="59" weekDays="255" parentsHash="0000000000000000">

<path>c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe</path>

<cmdLine></cmdLine>

<local_network address="0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000" mask="0"></local_network>

<remote_networks count="0"></remote_networks>

<local_ports count="2">

<port_range min="2177" max="2177"></port_range>

<port_range min="45151" max="45151"></port_range>

</local_ports>

<remote_ports count="0"></remote_ports>

<remote_macs count="0"></remote_macs>

</rule>

Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.

Let me know if everything is OK after this.

Take care.

• Hello :)

There is a solution for this case:

Start the PC in Safe Mode

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE"

Now, go to this location C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\settings\Firewall and open rules.xml with Notepad.

Search in the document for: 3390 and 3389

Now, replace all the values with the port that you want to add for the Remote Desktop Connections.

If you have Bitdefender 2012 installed on both PCs, you should make the changes on the other system too.

Example:

to:

Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.

Let me know if everything is OK after this.

Take care.

In BDTS2011 port could be set from within the windows, why this edition of rules.xml in BDTS2012/13.?

I also find many features missing for eg parents control- summary of sites visited,graphs, etc

i also find firewall block all settings missing

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Did you make those settings in the file as instructed?

All the traffic can be stopped by setting the Firewall to Untrusted.

In Bitdefender 2013, the Parental Control module was moved in cloud and can be accessed from My Bitdefender.

Take care.