Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Bd Upgrade

Options
Jabbacks
edited August 2012 in Installation

I have posted in the upgrades section regarding the same matter. I was refered here.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36987

Well, after downloading the whole 2013 upgrade and following what Chris said, I still get the same error on the image file posted there.

What is the problem here now?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Could you please post the email on an external resource and leave here the link?

I can not find a screenshot in your posts.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Could you please post the email on an external resource and leave here the link?

I can not find a screenshot in your posts.

Take care.

It's already uploaded but I don't know how to put it in the post. It's in My Controls attachements list. I also posted the link in the later posts... I copied the link to the attachement....

Another thing dat's really bothering me right now. I just did a restore point after I downloaded the 2013 software, but when it failed, I tried to restore... guess what? No restore points whatsoever.... Where did they go? Restore point used to have "System Checkpoints" like every month... now no restore point.

I currently reinstalling 2011 back. I do believe I gonna have to update software including virus definitions files, etc.... a real pain in da ******! :wacko::wub:

• It's already uploaded but I don't know how to put it in the post. It's in My Controls attachements list. I also posted the link in the later posts... I copied the link to the attachement....

Another thing dat's really bothering me right now. I just did a restore point after I downloaded the 2013 software, but when it failed, I tried to restore... guess what? No restore points whatsoever.... Where did they go? Restore point used to have "System Checkpoints" like every month... now no restore point.

I currently reinstalling 2011 back. I do believe I gonna have to update software including virus definitions files, etc.... a real pain in da ******! :wacko::wub:

Ok here's the uploaded image:

Error Image!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The link is invalid.

Please upload the image on sendspace.com or mediafire.com and post here the download link.

Take care.

• Hello :)

The link is invalid.

Please upload the image on sendspace.com or mediafire.com and post here the download link.

Take care.

Here you go!

http://www.4shared.com/photo/3ouTxPj8/upgrade.html

• I have done the upgrade on the laptop and it was successful. Originally, laptop had BD-AV 2012 in it. I can't seem to know why it cannot install on this desktop. I'm in the process of upgrading the other laptop currently running BDAV2012.

What if I upgrade to 2012 first then 2013 afterwards... you think this is the problem here?

Thanks bro....

• There's one thing I don't understand????? Why does bitdefender remove all the restore points? Now I have to reinstall AV2011 again. Been doing this since yesterday, reinstalling & updating everything.

Is there any logical explanation for all this?

• Jabbacks
    edited August 2012
    Options

CHRISTIAN

Computer crashed. Some files in windows\system\drivers\????? folder missing. I was just trying to reinstalling AV2011 after restart, error popped and ask me to repair windows....

Until then, i'm reinstalling windows & i'll be waiting for your reply... I don't know why am I being ignored for 3 days... If you're working on it, at least say something. if not... say something...

Thanks!

:angry

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your feedback!

I am sorry for this unpleasant situation. After you reinstall the operating system please follow these steps directly and the product should function properly on your system:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Have a great day!

• I decided not to reinstall windows. what I did is as follows:

1. Copy missing folder in /system32 from other laptop using xp.

2. Remove all bitdefender entries from registry

3. Remove all bitdefender from /program files/common files

4. Remove all bitdefender from /Documents & Settings

5. Remove all bitdefender from /Windows folder

6. Run RegistryBooster (scan & defrag)

7. Restart

8. Install BitDefender AntiVirus 2013.

I didn't wanna lose all my work or start reinstalling softwares including windows updates which is a real pain. Esp when you're internet connection is not stable.

Thanks anyways Chris!

You can close this thread!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.