How Do You Import A Friends List From An Email Client?

blackdog
edited July 2012 in Antispam

I've searched high and low on the forums, and can't find anything on this. Is there STILL no way to import an address book as a Friends List, from Outlook, Outlook Express, or Thunderbird? I find it astonishing that to configure a Friends List, the user is expected to manually enter each email address. I have over 300 - this would take me forever!

Comments

• Hi Black_Dog,

For the moment this feature is not available. There are two ways to import the list, one is automatically and the other manually.

1. Whenever you send an email, the 'To:' email address will be automatically added to your friends list. This way the people you are actually communicating with will be whitelisted.

2. If you feel it is mandatory to include the over 300 list, then you can do it manually by inserting each email address. (I would opt for the first solution :D)

We have taken into consideration your input and we'll implement the import feature in a future version of the product.

• Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, since I raised this issue, I have had numerous other problems with BDIS2013, such as random crashing, parental controls not working, and it wrecking my internet connection upon uninstallation, so I have now switched to another security product.

• Unknown
    edited August 2012

Hi Black Dog,

I am so sorry to hear that. Hope that you will have a great experience and in the feature you'll give Bitdefender another chance.

Andra.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.