Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Settings: How To Avoid Same App Rule Prompt Over And Over?

Options
preguntonontrack
edited August 2012 in Firewall

Hello I am a security freak and i constantly delete rules so i allow some programs and some times i deny the same programs. I just want to be in control of what access the internet and when i am not using it i prefer is denied.

My question is: What settings i need so it ask me once for an application and not over and over. An example if i want chrome to acces the internet it should ask me once until i delete the rules and not over and over. I also play Arma and each time i restart it it ask me to acces the internet. I just want to allow it once until i delete the rules not each time restart an app.

Note*** Very important even thought i dont want repeated prompts i DO want to be alerted of each and everything trying to access internet.

Comments

• werby3
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi preguntonontrack,

If you want to "Allow" an application, turn off "Paranoid mode", go to "Application rules" and remove all rules created for this application (if so). Then open this application (a rule will be created), turn on "Paranoid mode" again and BD won't ask for a rule again.

Regards

• ...Or you can manually create a rule.

Go to "Application rules" and remove all rules created for this application (if so). Then you have to create a rule ("Application rules/Add Rule) for this application (browsing for app...exe file), with all "Network Types" and "Allow" or "Deny" checked and BD won't ask for a rule again.

Regards

• ...Or you can manually create a rule.

Go to "Application rules" and remove all rules created for this application (if so). Then you have to create a rule ("Application rules/Add Rule) for this application (browsing for app...exe file), with all "Network Types" and "Allow" or "Deny" checked and BD won't ask for a rule again.

Regards

Thats is not the issue i just dont want to be asked over and over for the same thing before deleting again rules... even thought i want to be asked again after deleting the rules...

• werby3
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ...i just dont want to be asked over and over for the same thing...

Hi preguntonontrack

It's not for the same thing.

When "Paranoid" is ON, a rule created for the specific port app asks for (BD doesn't show this) and as you know, most apps ask for a different port when you reopen them.

That's why BD asks for permission again and again.

So, as far I know, there is no way to avoid this unless you follow the above (posts #2 & #3) practices or your app uses the same port every time you open it.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello preguntonontrack,

Indeed - as werby3 already explained - if you don't wish to be alerted about applications which try to connect to the internet, you can do the following:

- turn on Paranoid Mode

- when the product prompts about allowing or denying the connection -> choose allow, then turn off Paranoid Mode

- after resetting the rules you can repeat the above steps

A product update was recently released. Your build should be 16.27.0.1763 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Please feel free to post back if you have other questions or concerns.

Have a nice week! :)