Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8 - Don't Expect Any Support From Bitdefender

Options

I have a virus that I can't remove, and can't get any help. I bought your most expensive product under the assumption that I would be able to remove this virus, and now I'm stuck waiting another month until Win8 is fully released. I specifically purchased your software because you bragged that your product was one of the only ones on the market that will remove this particular virus "rootkit.mbr.sst.c (boot image)."

You have "Windows 8 Compatible" plastered all over your website, while at the same time saying "Recommended system requirements: Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8," while you refuse to support your application.

Also, according to "PC World," which again you have their name plastered all over your website: "Bitdefender 2013 is compatible with Windows XP SP3 and later, and is one of the first to officially support Windows 8. The company also offers protection for Macs and Linux machines, but via separate products."

Furthermore, when I enter my key, your system kicks it back as "invalid". I contacted chat support for both issues, and was told that the key is valid, and it's "probably just a glitch in the system." That response doesn't fix the problem that I'm unable to send a customer support ticket through your system, other than taking the time to chat with someone or speak with someone personally.

Very disappointed...

Comments

• I have a virus that I can't remove, and can't get any help. I bought your most expensive product under the assumption that I would be able to remove this virus, and now I'm stuck waiting another month until Win8 is fully released. I specifically purchased your software because you bragged that your product was one of the only ones on the market that will remove this particular virus "rootkit.mbr.sst.c (boot image)."

You have "Windows 8 Compatible" plastered all over your website, while at the same time saying "Recommended system requirements: Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 8," while you refuse to support your application.

Also, according to "PC World," which again you have their name plastered all over your website: "Bitdefender 2013 is compatible with Windows XP SP3 and later, and is one of the first to officially support Windows 8. The company also offers protection for Macs and Linux machines, but via separate products."

Furthermore, when I enter my key, your system kicks it back as "invalid". I contacted chat support for both issues, and was told that the key is valid, and it's "probably just a glitch in the system." That response doesn't fix the problem that I'm unable to send a customer support ticket through your system, other than taking the time to chat with someone or speak with someone personally.

Very disappointed...

have you tried to repair the installation?

• have you tried to repair the installation?

Yeah, it finds the virus, but when you attempt to quarantine it, it says "Can't quarantine, please contact Customer Support." I received the same error, while running Win7-64, but was unable to send a ticket because Bitdefender was telling me that my license was "invalid." I assumed there was a time period that I needed to wait (a few days) in order for my license to validate, so I went ahead and installed Win8-64, again assuming I would get support.

After installing Win8-64, I continued to get the same error message in regards to my license, so I contacted them via chat, which got me no where...

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Did Bitdefender specifically tell you that they would not help you with your problem because you have Windows 8?

Did you try running a rescue mode scan?

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

Here are some details regarding rescue mode.

http://www.bdantivirus.com/bitdefender/ant...ion.rescue.html

• I wouldn't trust them, no way! This is just a scam to sell their product. Their support is a joke.

don't say like that..I believe every problem must have its solution..but maybe some of it can take some time to be solved..

• Yeah, it finds the virus, but when you attempt to quarantine it, it says "Can't quarantine, please contact Customer Support." I received the same error, while running Win7-64, but was unable to send a ticket because Bitdefender was telling me that my license was "invalid." I assumed there was a time period that I needed to wait (a few days) in order for my license to validate, so I went ahead and installed Win8-64, again assuming I would get support.

After installing Win8-64, I continued to get the same error message in regards to my license, so I contacted them via chat, which got me no where...

is your key original?where did you buy it?

maybe you can ask bit. chat support for license replacement..but I think they will ask for your proof of purchase..

had you installed any bit. products before this?

• I wouldn't trust them, no way! This is just a scam to sell their product. Their support is a joke.

Wait, I disagree. While there have been a lot of stability issues lately, they center around a lot of new features being introduced. As for the license key issue, I hit that already and if you need to open up a ticket, send an e-mail to customerservice@bitdefender.com

Yes, the Customer Support Form is still broken, I reported that again today but by and large I'm liking the new features and although I'm not using Windows 8, it sounds like you're having the same problem I had. Are you using say a BD2012 or earlier key when registering or is this a new key you received?

• columbo
    Options
    I wouldn't trust them, no way! This is just a scam to sell their product. Their support is a joke.

don't say like that..I believe every problem must have its solution..but maybe some of it can take some time to be solved..

I like that spirit and attitude, arshadarx....gts, you may want to be a little more hopeful....and helpful? ;)

:)

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello Shane :)

We are really sorry for the delayed answer.

Please follow the instructions from here and attach the scan log in your next reply.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36502

I will take a look on it and reply ASAP.

Thank you in advance for understanding!

• sparker528
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hello Shane :)

We are really sorry for the delayed answer.

Please follow the instructions from here and attach the scan log in your next reply.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36502

I will take a look on it and reply ASAP.

Thank you in advance for understanding!

How do I find the scan log? Can't seem to find it...

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi Shane :)

It should be on your Desktop, as a numbered type of .xml file (see Christian's last image from his link).

:)

• columbo
    Options

Or...:) if you still can't find it, try a Windows search for *.xml to find the location. Otherwise, you may have to re-run the scan and confirm where the file is being saved to (last step of Christian's instruction link).

findxml2.jpg

hope this helps :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

The default location to save the file is the Desktop folder, so refresh your screen and the scan log should be there.

Post it here please.

Take care.

• Hello :)

The default location to save the file is the Desktop folder, so refresh your screen and the scan log should be there.

Post it here please.

Take care.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10273" data-fileid="10273" rel="">1346687937_1_01.xml

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

The scan log is clean, no trace of malware.

Do you still encounter any issues?

Have a great week!