Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[implemented] Return Update/download Progress Bar

Options
columbo
columbo
edited August 2012 in Feature request

Hello :)

I was wondering if Bitdefender would bring back the Update/Download progress bar that we had on the 2012 version (Update Panel). I found it very nice to see the update size, and its install progress. It may help to avoid my posting another thread like this one ;)

Comments

• Hello :)

I was wondering if Bitdefender would bring back the Update/Download progress bar that we had on the 2012 version (Update Panel). I found it very nice to see the update size, and its install progress. It may help to avoid my posting another thread like this one ;)

can you attach the screenshot here,cause I only start to use BIS since this 2013 version..:)

• coolcool1227
    Options

I am also interested to see this this feature back in Bitdefender.

Vote for implementation.

• columbo
    Options
    can you attach the screenshot here,cause I only start to use BIS since this 2013 version..:)

We were on the same page, I was just uninstalling the 2013 version to install the 2012 version when I saw your post :)

Here I took a 4 sample screenshot of its progress on the update of the new install of the 2012 Security Suite: sorry my pasting editing isn't so good ^_^

Downloadindicater.jpg

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

I am for it. BD shouldn't take away useful features.

• alexx69
    Options

Maximum support for this request because it is equally important for everyone.

There was not any particular reason to be eliminated from the latest version.

Anyway when we starting the process of checking and downloading the updates starts rotating arrows(Widget and main Bitdefender window), instead of them would be better to look at the line that progresses with concrete figures.(as before)

I really do not think that we should take a look at the blue rotating arrows and at that moment that we have no idea what's going on, as yesterday, whether it downloaded 10, 20 or 100MB at once(I definitely had that feeling :) ), while we using silent update(which recommended by Bitdefender).

Thank you very much for your understanding.

• +1 from me.
  • voted

• voted

• VOTED!

• mitza97
    Options

Voted.

• Voted!

• voted

• Voted!

• Vote!

• Vote! seriously?Why did they remove that feature?

• columbo
    Options
    Vote! seriously?Why did they remove that feature?

My guess is that they thought if they could simplify any of the little enhancements (eye candy, so they may have thought?), and maybe to merge or combine some of the other features in Bitdefender, that it would make it leaner and meaner, using less on-board system resources and thus being more efficient on our PCs, and not slowing them down...creating better PC performance. Just my guess.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

Thank you Christian, and the Bitdefender team, for including this in the 16.20.0.1483 build :):)

Updateaddeon.jpg

• Yes, me too..... Thanks, this looks nice!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Thanks a lot. Hoping to see your Product more flexible for Advanced Users in future.

• Thank you Christian, and the Bitdefender team, for including this in the 16.20.0.1483 build :):)

Updateaddeon.jpg

Noticed that the feature has been implemented in the recent update.

Much better! :D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Since this was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.