Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender .1407?

Options
NastyNate
edited August 2012 in Update

What does the new bitdefender product update .1407 do?

FDQDU.png

Comments

• alexx69
    Options
    What does the new bitdefender product update .1407 do?

FDQDU.png

Hello NastyNate,

The first time I see this update.

I thought the latest bild should be 16.20.0.xxxx

When you received that Product Update?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498 At that link still nothing is indicated.

Best regards.

• I received that product update today but how i receive it was strange? If you want me to explain how I did it I could explain in details.

• alexx69
    Options
    I received that product update today but how i receive it was strange? If you want me to explain how I did it I could explain in details.

I am sure that tomorrow everything will be much clearer.

• Oh okay but for everyone else that wants to know this how I did it.

INSTRUCTIONS:

First I stop the update and turned auto-update off and I went and download the weekly.exe and installed at soon as it finish my bitdefender said something about "services not responding" so I just restarted my pc and it fixed the "services not responding problem" so I clicked update and it just finish? so two minutes later I notice that the Bitdefender Widget Gadget had a notification and when I went to go check it. It said something about update requires a reboot? So i clicked reboot and once desktop loaded up I just right clicked Bitdefender and click About and thats when I saw the .1407

• Updates are being completed for me btw. Look at picture.

CU6Fa.jpg

• alexx69
    Options
    Updates are being completed for me btw. Look at picture.

CU6Fa.jpg

Thank you very much for your feedback, that could be helpful.

I wanted to try the steps that you recommended but in the meantime after exactly 1h 40 m and I have got the same update.

Currently I began to download Product update ( My Bitdefender<more info= remote control<product updates) and patiently waiting for what will happen.

• No problem anytime but Christian or one of the tech supports could atleast post and update us whats going on.

• alexx69
    Options

Just i had got new product update 16.18.0.1407, Patience has paid off :)

post-105258-1346469709_thumb.jpg

• Nice :) so im assuming this is the new product update?

• alexx69
    Options
    Nice :) so im assuming this is the new product update?

I do not believe, more likely that this is the beginning, new construction should be 16.20.0.xxx

Definitely we should wait for a Christian response for this situation. He will certainly give us further information about new Product Update.

• NastyNate
    edited September 2012
    Options

I also just notice thats Bitdefender is deleting files without my permission and i have auto-pilot set off. Right now about to uninstall Bitdefender.

EDIT: I have files that are in exclusions that Bitdefender receive to be a threat and those files are being deleted even though the exclusions is set on them.

• cohbraz
    Options

I also just had to reboot to receive .1407, and as of right now the constant updates seem to have slowed down.

• cohbraz
    Options
    I also just had to reboot to receive .1407, and as of right now the constant updates seem to have slowed down.

Nevermind... While I do have version 1407, the amazing non-stop downloads continue.

• I also just notice thats Bitdefender is deleting files without my permission and i have auto-pilot set off. Right now about to uninstall Bitdefender.

EDIT: I have files that are in exclusions that Bitdefender receive to be a threat and those files are being deleted even though the exclusions is set on them.

Is this a new feature?

:rolleyes:

Better wait for Christian...., hope he knows what's going on.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone :)

I have updated the topic with product updates.

This last update was released for the antimalware engines, we did apply some new rules and the scanning process will elevate user rights from the beginning.

You have all the details over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=156312

Have a great day!

• Rampant
    Options
    Support for application reputation;

Of this new build, I would like to learn more. Thank you.

• Of this new build, I would like to learn more. Thank you.

Yeah, me too. Quite interesting :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A need feature was added in the product, Active Virus Control will recognize some applications using other parameters than the behavior analysis.

Today we released another product update, please check it out:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=157184

Have a great weekend!

• columbo
    Options

Wow, allot of fixes and features, my, you all have been busy :D Good job :)

• alexx69
    Options
    Wow, allot of fixes and features, my, you all have been busy :D Good job :)

Definitely agree :)

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

A need feature was added in the product, Active Virus Control will recognize some applications using other parameters than the behavior analysis.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Christian!

Reputational necessary user feedback, how did you decide this question?

• rootkit
    Options

It is now user based, the module takes care of everything.

It won't interfere with your daily activity.

Have a great day!