Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New User And Many Questions!

Options

First things first...BD IS 2013 is lighter compared to 2012...Someone pls answer my following questions

1)I tried to start antispam but I could not do it even though I enabled it during installation..why is that so?

2)why HIPS is not enabled by default?

3)scan takes really a lot of time!!!!At present I am running a full system scan....It has been 3 hours ago since I have started the scan and still it is showing 38 minutes remaining....previously I have used ESET and KASPERSKY and they take approximately about 1.5 hours to scan my computer which means BD takes a very lot of time ...

4)How to find what are the latest virus signatures in BD database...when I click about in system tray icon it shows version signatures but how do I know or confirm that they are the latest signatures?

5)How do I run sandboxed mode in browsers and windows applications?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hi maaster, glad you're up and running :)

Let my get a start on this and others can fill in the blanks and follow up.

#1) What email client are you using?

#2) See this thread, as I'm figuring by HIPS, you mean IDS in Bitdefender?: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31890

#3) See this thread, and Christian's comments. Even though it is in the 2012 forum, some of the same thoughts apply: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=34737

#4) Trust it :) The signatures are updated every 1-1.5 hours. You can just check it by comparing it from the previous hours screenshot you took. You can also check the Update Logs, Events/Update/tick a update subject, and View Log.

#5) Be sure in your Privacy settings that you have Show Bitdefender Toolbar on, restart your browser if it was open (will be asked to allow the add on) and just below your tab bar, you will see a dop down tab to enable Sandbox. It will then load a second browser that you have to access from your Taskbar (there will be 2 browser icons) the other one will be the Sandbox. Sandbox is only for the browsers, and not Windows.

bdtoolbar.jpg

Hope this gets you started :)

• maaster
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hi maaster, glad you're up and running :)

Let my get a start on this and others can fill in the blanks and follow up.

#1) What email client are you using?

#2) See this thread, as I'm figuring by HIPS, you mean IDS in Bitdefender?: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=31890

#3) See this thread, and Christian's comments. Even though it is in the 2012 forum, some of the same thoughts apply: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=34737

#4) Trust it :) The signatures are updated every 1-1.5 hours. You can just check it by comparing it from the previous hours screenshot you took. You can also check the Update Logs, Events/Update/tick a update subject, and View Log.

#5) Be sure in your Privacy settings that you have Show Bitdefender Toolbar on, restart your browser if it was open (will be asked to allow the add on) and just below your tab bar, you will see a dop down tab to enable Sandbox. It will then load a second browser that you have to access from your Taskbar (there will be 2 browser icons) the other one will be the Sandbox. Sandbox is only for the browsers, and not Windows.

bdtoolbar.jpg

Hope this gets you started :)

1)I am not using any email client but I try to enable it in the main BD window but it is not turning on!

I understand the remaining issues but still the scan time is very long...now the full system scan would have run for 5 hours and still not completing..frustrated and cancelled the scan!

2)then another doubt...the automatic update feature checks for the updates even when I am offline and displays in the events notification as update failed in the BD window....this is very annoying...Is there any way to disable this notification?

3)then in the antivirus component autoscan is turned on...what does this mean?will BD scan my whole system when it is idle or will it schedule full system scans???or is this on access scan????frankly speaking explain this feature :rolleyes:

• columbo
    Options

Hello :)

1) Your email may not turn on, as it senses there is no association file/path for it to enable, to link to ?

2) To disable the Update Notification, go to Settings/General/Advanced/Configure Status Alerts, and turn off Update Status

3) The AutoScan will scan your whole HD eventually, when your PC is idle. More info can be found here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=148732

You can download the PDF user manual from my siggy, or access it from the help and support link on the bottom right of the Bitdefender console. It has some good basic answers to questions:)

Gladly done :)

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    First things first...BD IS 2013 is lighter compared to 2012...Someone pls answer my following questions

1)I tried to start antispam but I could not do it even though I enabled it during installation..why is that so?

2)why HIPS is not enabled by default?

3)scan takes really a lot of time!!!!At present I am running a full system scan....It has been 3 hours ago since I have started the scan and still it is showing 38 minutes remaining....previously I have used ESET and KASPERSKY and they take approximately about 1.5 hours to scan my computer which means BD takes a very lot of time ...

4)How to find what are the latest virus signatures in BD database...when I click about in system tray icon it shows version signatures but how do I know or confirm that they are the latest signatures?

5)How do I run sandboxed mode in browsers and windows applications?

1) you may have to re-enable manually after installation.

2) Read this topic Difference Between Ids And Hips?

3) Read this topic Full Scan Kill My Cpu

4) You check this from Events only.

5) In Bitdefender, at present Sandbox is available for only Browsers (not even for Windows XP) and not for Applications and Process etc.

1)I am not using any email client but I try to enable it in the main BD window but it is not turning on!

I understand the remaining issues but still the scan time is very long...now the full system scan would have run for 5 hours and still not completing..frustrated and cancelled the scan!

2)then another doubt...the automatic update feature checks for the updates even when I am offline and displays in the events notification as update failed in the BD window....this is very annoying...Is there any way to disable this notification?

3)then in the antivirus component autoscan is turned on...what does this mean?will BD scan my whole system when it is idle or will it schedule full system scans???or is this on access scan????frankly speaking explain this feature :rolleyes:

2) Yes you are right, you have to do the same as columbo suggested.

3) Read these topics

What Exactly Does Autoscan Do?

Differences And Simular Features Of Bitdefender 2013

Bitdefender 2013 & Autoscan

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Special thanks to Omer & Scott for the above posts.

@ maaster

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Take care.

• Thanks for your replies...they were very informative...Is there a way to find logs for autoscan?

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Thanks for your replies...they were very informative...Is there a way to find logs for autoscan?

Good question asked, but unfortunately there is no separate logging for that. You will find the logging in the Antivirus Events only.

• Good question asked, but unfortunately there is no separate logging for that. You will find the logging in the Antivirus Events only.

I can't find any logs in the antivirus events...that means can I assume that autoscan is not taking place!!Then is there any way to schedule updates per two hours or on daily basis...in other words can I configure update settings?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

The discussion about Auto Scan will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36344

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.