Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Laptop Mode Again

Options

At present I can test the following behaviour only on one laptop, so pls check it:

1)

- connect laptop to power

- boot

- disconnect from power

- BD goes in Laptop Mode

- shut down

2)

- disconnect from power

- boot on batteries

- BD DOES NOT go in Laptop Mode

Is it OK??????

Comments

• At present I can test the following behaviour only on one laptop, so pls check it:

1)

- boot

- disconnect from power

- BD goes in Laptop Mode

- shut down

2)

- disconnect from power

- boot on batteries

Is it OK??????

I just tried this on my Alienware M17X, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, no problems. Have you opened a ticket with Support or used the Launch Panel Support tool? It takes a sysdump and sends the config details of your system to BitDefender Support. I'd suggest trying that, maybe there's a driver out of date or something?

• At present I can test the following behaviour only on one laptop, so pls check it:

1)

- boot

- disconnect from power

- BD goes in Laptop Mode

- shut down

2)

- disconnect from power

- boot on batteries

Is it OK??????

I'm seeing this behavior also. I recently started a support ticket but so far the assumption has been that my BD installation is faulty. I'm using Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit. I now think this could be a bug.

I did similar testing and found that during computer startup BD restores Laptop Mode to the state it was in at the last computer shutdown. It ignores the actual power source during startup, even if that power source is different than it was when the computer was shut down. This means you can start on battery power and Laptop Mode will stay off if the computer was on A/C power when it was last shut down. Or you can start on A/C power and Laptop Mode will come on during startup if the computer was on battery power with Laptop Mode turned "on" during the last shutdown. Laptop Mode seems to work okay within a single computer session, assuming it started out correctly.

I've disabled Laptop Mode for now. In the current state it is essentially useless.

• I'm seeing this behavior also.

I didn't read carefully enough and can't seem to edit my prior post. The behavior I'm seeing is opposite of what is described in the original post. But in either case, Laptop Mode is not behaving as expected. I've reinstalled BD and it made no difference.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Max :)

This issue was escalated by one of my colleagues and our developers are working to fix it.

I will get back to you on this when I have more data.

Have a great weekend!