Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where To Find Events From Gadget? Missing Features?

Options

I just started using a trial version of Bitdefender Total Security 2013 and have a question about events.

As you can see in the below image the Windows gadget is saying there are 21 events:

post-111269-1347651378_thumb.jpg

However, when I click on that to find out what those events are it just opens the general section of Bitdefender, and I have no idea what those 21 events relate to.

post-111269-1347651384_thumb.jpg

These events clicked up last night when my internet was down, so they are probably just some connection error messages and not important, but I'm really only guessing because I have no clue where to find these 21 events.

Also, since last night I've noticed that the general tab doesn't show nearly as many features as it did before, why is that? Last night I just thought maybe it needed an internet connection to show the other features, but my internet is obviously back up now and it's still missing most of the features. Since I'm new to Bitdefender I wouldn't know exactly what I'm missing, but the whole general section was full of buttons, but as you can see in the image I'm only given 5; Antivirus, Antispam, Privacy Control, Firewall, and Tune-up.

Comments

• alexx69
    Options

Hello aaron_33 and welcome to the forum,

Might not be a bad idea that you try this solution, if this isn´t helpful,

just do the repair.

Also make sure you have the latest build, because it has solved many issues, counting yours.

Regards.

• I have found that when I open Bitdefender from the Taskbar, clicking on Events, to the left of the settings,

will open all the events and by clicking on each one individually, will bring up what needs attention and they

can be dealt with.

Most are AV scans, Privacy reports, Firewall, Updates, etc and they can simply be Deleted on a regular basis.

I hope this helps! B)

• I have found that when I open Bitdefender from the Taskbar, clicking on Events, to the left of the settings,

will open all the events and by clicking on each one individually, will bring up what needs attention and they

can be dealt with.

Most are AV scans, Privacy reports, Firewall, Updates, etc and they can simply be Deleted on a regular basis.

I hope this helps! B)

Thsi Was Fixed In Build 16.20.1483

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.23.0.1637(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.