Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Nothing But Problems With Total Security 2013

Options

I updated to BD TS 2013 (from BD TS 2012) when it was first released. I've set it to auto-update and completed every update. I've had nothing but problems with 2013 since the day I first installed it. Problems ranging from missing and totally absent panels, critical errors causing 2013 to completely shut down and events which cannot be cleared. I've opened many tickets with "technical support" (sic) and followed their instructions to the tee. Each supposed fix created more and different problems. I even notice that BD has taken away their technical support chat function. I suspect this is due to the plethora of problems with 2013. I've uninstalled 2013 and gone back to 2012 but now I keep getting this nagging screen wanting me to update to the malware 2013 version. I will not recommend BD TS 2013 to anyone. In fact I intend to spread the word about this bloated piece of malware called BitDefender Total Security 2013.

If you ban me for expressing my true feelings and experiences then so be it. At least have the integrity and courtesy to refund my full purchase price.

Comments

• I updated to BD TS 2013 (from BD TS 2012) when it was first released. I've set it to auto-update and completed every update. I've had nothing but problems with 2013 since the day I first installed it. Problems ranging from missing and totally absent panels, critical errors causing 2013 to completely shut down and events which cannot be cleared. I've opened many tickets with "technical support" (sic) and followed their instructions to the tee. Each supposed fix created more and different problems. I even notice that BD has taken away their technical support chat function. I suspect this is due to the plethora of problems with 2013. I've uninstalled 2013 and gone back to 2012 but now I keep getting this nagging screen wanting me to update to the malware 2013 version. I will not recommend BD TS 2013 to anyone. In fact I intend to spread the word about this bloated piece of malware called BitDefender Total Security 2013.

If you ban me for expressing my true feelings and experiences then so be it. At least have the integrity and courtesy to refund my full purchase price.

hang in there your not alone. I think support went on holiday because I have been waiting and waiting.. and now am running an unprotected computer using microsofts protection because bit defender keeps my laptop from booting properly. Once i remove Bit Defender all works well...

• I updated to BD TS 2013 (from BD TS 2012) when it was first released. I've set it to auto-update and completed every update. I've had nothing but problems with 2013 since the day I first installed it. Problems ranging from missing and totally absent panels, critical errors causing 2013 to completely shut down and events which cannot be cleared. I've opened many tickets with "technical support" (sic) and followed their instructions to the tee. Each supposed fix created more and different problems. I even notice that BD has taken away their technical support chat function. I suspect this is due to the plethora of problems with 2013. I've uninstalled 2013 and gone back to 2012 but now I keep getting this nagging screen wanting me to update to the malware 2013 version. I will not recommend BD TS 2013 to anyone. In fact I intend to spread the word about this bloated piece of malware called BitDefender Total Security 2013.

If you read my other posts, install Bitdefender, guarantee you will have problems within 2-3 days. If you want to save headaches, time, move to dif vendor. If you want to deal with this junk, install it.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.23.0.1637(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.