[resolved In Bitdefender 2013] Toolbar Add-on And Thunderbird

2»

Comments

• Yep, Good old Victoria ... I'm in a small country town called Euroa :)

• So I'm just curios as to which Operating System everyone else is using? :)

I am also using Windows 7 64-bit. In addition, I'm using Thunderbird 10.0 (10.0.2, as of today's update :) ).

• So far that's quite interesting- I wonder if the problem could have something to do with Windows 7?

• Hello :)

It has nothing to do with Windows 7 particularly. I have also tested this Windows XP.

Things go like this: the Antispam filter will scan those emails but for now you won't be able to take actions for them from the Antispam toolbar integrated in Thunderbird.

We are working on a fix that will be delivered soon via update. No ETA for now.

Than you

It has nothing to do with Windows 7 particularly. I have also tested this Windows XP.

Things go like this: the Antispam filter will scan those emails but for now you won't be able to take actions for them from the Antispam toolbar integrated in Thunderbird.

We are working on a fix that will be delivered soon via update. No ETA for now.

Than you

Any update on this problem? Certainly appears to be low on the priority list.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Hello :)

We are working to solve this, is not low on our priority least because is definitely an issue related to the Antispam module.

I can not provide you an ETA for the fix, but we are doing anything we can to release it ASAP.

Thank you for understanding. Take care.

• golfe
    edited March 2012

Hi Christian. :)

Thank you for the brief update. We appreciate the work the team is doing to resolve this issue.

I have a general question(s) about this issue: Is the "Configure Spammers List" in the Antispam module of the working correctly? What I mean is, as you know the bdtoolbar in Thunderbird isn't allowing us to add spammers (as well as other functions), but if I add a spammer directly to the list in the module, will it function properly (will it block the email)? Or is the Thunderbird bdtoolbar functionality tied too closely to the Antispam module (i.e., is the Configure Spammers List affected by the overall issue too)?

Just a reminder: Firefox 11 and Thunderbird 11 are due for release on 13 March 2012. ;)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Yes, we know, another week, another Firefox and Thunderbird release. Until Christmas it will be v.50 for both :D

There won't by any issues related to the toolbar from Firefox. The TrafficLight toolbar is injecting in the process, no matter the version.

For Thunderbird, we are doing our best to release the update soon.

Thank you.

• golfe
    edited March 2012

Yes, we know, another week, another Firefox and Thunderbird release. Until Christmas it will be v.50 for both :D

There won't by any issues related to the toolbar from Firefox. The TrafficLight toolbar is injecting in the process, no matter the version.

For Thunderbird, we are doing our best to release the update soon.

Thank you.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Firefox 51. :wacko:

Sorry, in my post I didn't mean about the TrafficLight toolbar in Firefox. I mean is the Spammers List for email working properly even though the bdtoolbar in Thunderbird isn't working. Can I still add email addresses to the Spammers List (see attached image) and expect those senders to be blocked?

Thanks again!

post-85219-1331642968_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Welcome back.

Yes, you can try to add those email addresses to Spammers' List. Let me know the results.

I will also conduct some tests regarding this.

Take care.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello everyone :)

Please read this announcement and let me know if everything is OK now.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=139833

Have a great weekend!

• Hi Christian,

Thank-you!!! The toolbar now works perfectly! :D

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I am glad to hear that.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a great week!

• First, please thank the Bitdefender folks (you too Christian) for addressing this item. :)

Unfortunately, I cannot claim that the bdtoolbar is functioning perfectly. I am still having some issues.

Here is what is working for me:

1) When I highlight a message, all bdtoolbar buttons become active and can be clicked on (see attached image)

2) "Is Spam" button moves spam to trash

3) "Not Spam" button moves "spam" from trash back to Inbox

4) "Settings" button allows me to open the settings for the bdtoolbar

Here is what is not working for me:

1) "Add Spammer", "Add Friend", "Spammers", and "Friends" buttons can be clicked, but nothing happens after I click them.

What is the desired functionality of the "Add Spammer" and "Add Friend" buttons? When I add spammers or friends, are they supposed to be added to Thunderbird's internal list or to Bitdefender's module (see image)? I tried to add a friend, but the email address did not appear in the Bitdefender "Configure Friends List". Regardless, I also do not see a confirmation window when I attempt to add friend or add spammer, so that is not working for me either (see image).

Finally, pressing either the Spammers or Friends button does not open any lists for me to manage. So those are not working for me.

Do I need to reinstall Bitdefender again?

Katherine, are you seeing these same issues or are all your buttons working perfectly?

post-85219-1333460496_thumb.png

post-85219-1333460752_thumb.png

post-85219-1333460930_thumb.png

• Actually, after reading your post, I'm having much the same problems.

I can click the buttons, but when I click the "Add Spammer", "Add Friend", "Spammers", and "Friends" buttons, nothing appears to happen.

• Actually, after reading your post, I'm having much the same problems.

I can click the buttons, but when I click the "Add Spammer", "Add Friend", "Spammers", and "Friends" buttons, nothing appears to happen.

Anyone else still having issues with the bdtoolbar in Thunderbird?

• Hi Christian. :)

Has this item been escalated again? It seems that the bdtoolbar isn't yet fully functioning.

Thanks!

• My toolbar is now back to how it was before (all buttons 'greyed' out except for spammers, friends, and settings, although the only one that seems to do something is the settings button).

:)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello everyone :)

Welcome back.

For now, I only have an ETA, the update is scheduled for build 15.0.40.xxxx and now this is supposed to be out in May 2012.

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.

Have a great weekend!

• Thank you for the update on this item, Christian! It is appreciated.

We look forward to having this issue fixed in the coming weeks. :)

• Thanks Christian! :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

You are most welcome

We are doing our best to solve this ASAP.

Also, we are trying to implement also a new feature that was requested here on the forums:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33589

Check it out and let me know if you find it useful.

Have a great week!

• Hi :)

You are most welcome

We are doing our best to solve this ASAP.

Also, we are trying to implement also a new feature that was requested here on the forums:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33589

Check it out and let me know if you find it useful.

Have a great week!

Yes, I think that would be useful. If I were developing this item it would be implemented the following way (this example assumes Spam, but could be implemented very similarly to the Friends list):

1) Spammer message arrives

2) Click [Add Spammer] button

3) Drop-down appears allowing for one of the following four options: 1) Block by full address (MMM@123.com); 2) Block by domain (@123.com); 3) Block by ID (MMM@); 4) Block by wild - user defined using * (*M@12*) [This last one maybe isn't necessary, but I can see it being a very powerful filter]

4) Spammer added to bdtoolbar AND added to main Bitdefender console lists

5) Spam message moved to deleted items/spam folder

In the example above, you can imagine "block" being replaced with "allow" for a Friends list.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Interesting idea, I will forward it to the Antispam Labs :)

Thank you for your feedback.

I will post here when I have new data regarding the toolbar.

Take care.

• Thanks from me too on the update info Christian......nice change up on the avatar. B)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome back!

Yep, I did change it to refresh my profile.

You are most welcome!

I will keep you up to date with the progress.

Take care.

• Hi

I'm having a different issue with Thunderbird, I didn't see anyone post about this on this thread, but I apologize if this has been addressed already. My toolbar works fine, except for the "is Spam' button. It does try to perform an action, but when it wants to move the message, I get an error message that says "my spam folder is full". And when a spam message gets filtered by Bitdefender it goes to my inbox (mark as spam) so I have to delete it manually. I run 3 mail accounts on Thunderbird, all POP servers, my Thunderbird version is Version 12.0.1, my bitdefender 2012 build is 15.0.38.1605. Any ideas?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Do you use the English version of Bitdefender?

IF so, please install this version and let me know if everything is OK(just for your case).

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=143091

Take care.

Do you use the English version of Bitdefender?

IF so, please install this version and let me know if everything is OK(just for your case).

Take care.

Hi Christian, yes I use english version. What I've done now Is revert back to Thunderbird version 10, this has fixed my problem. Will only update it to 12 once I know issue has been fixed, fir now I am content with Thunderbird 10 as I havent had any issues with it.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Could you please install this version and let me know if it solves the issue on Thunderbird version 12 for POP3?

Take care.

• I was having much the same issues until the latest update. The buttons are now operational. My problem is that when I click that an email is spam I am told that my spam folder is full. I didn't have a spam folder in my email client so I added one. I still get this message. Is there a folder somewhere else that mail gets sent to when you click that an email is spam. I am using thunderbird with build 15.0.38.1605.

• I was having much the same issues until the latest update. The buttons are now operational. My problem is that when I click that an email is spam I am told that my spam folder is full. I didn't have a spam folder in my email client so I added one. I still get this message. Is there a folder somewhere else that mail gets sent to when you click that an email is spam. I am using thunderbird with build 15.0.38.1605.

Been having the exact same issue. EVERY message that is picked up as spam and BD attempts to deal with the 'Spam folder is full' message appears. in TB try to repair the folder and it does not let this happen. The issue would appear to be BD's automated creation of the spam folder running off the deleted items folder. TB create a junk folder separately from the deleted items folder, this simple change may well make the two programs compatable again.

Tried un-instals of both BD and TB reinstating BD before TB with same results every time. Tried changing folder options with no joy.

Regards C.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Thank you for feedback!

Did you uninstalled the product, manually deleted the folder and reinstall it?

Thank you!

• Yes did those, twice.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

We are working on the update and we will do our best to release it ASAP.

Thank you for understanding!

• Tom H
    edited June 2012

I'm getting this also, brand new install and I've had about 4 emails that were spam , the folder is full already ?

Why doesn't it just delete them.

Will the update download automatically ?

• Regarding the original topic of this thread, the bdtoolbar and it's functionality in Thunderbird, would it be beneficial to try out the Bitdefender 2013 Beta? Do we know if the bdtoolbar functions properly in the 2013 version?

• Hi golfe :)

Unfortunately this doesn't help you, yet the POP version is working well with the 2013 beta...hopefully someone who is using the beta and IMAP email, will respond to your query. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

When this will be fixed, the update will be released for both versions, 2012 and 2013.

Thank you for your patience!

Have a great weekend!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

This issue was resolved in Bitdefender 2013 with the build 16.22.xxx

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.