Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti-spyware Program

Options

Any recomendations for an anti-spyware program to use with BitDefender Internet Security 2008?

Comments

• A good topic.

For me, after doing a little research Spyware Doctor, AVG antipyware and the Webroot Spysweeper are the top ones. The first two have a free version (without some features of real-time protection).

• spyware sweeper used to conflict with bitdefender, thats was maybe with the last version, not sure if this has now been fixed

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello everyone,

I suggest SUPERAntiSpyware. The free version doesn't have Realtime Protection, but BitDefender also provides AntiSpyware protection, so realtime protection from another such solution isn't really necessary (you can use it only as an On Demand Scanner, once in a while).

Cris.

• You may try PrivacyKeyboard, it's really effective, besides has fully functional trial version, limited only by the number of sessions. As it was mentioned Spysweeper and Spyware doctor are not bad at all, though I've compared them to PrivacyKeyboard in the aspect of detecting keyloggers, I should say PrivacyKeyboard is more reliable ;)

• Niels
    Options

Dear Logan

These are my favourites:

Superantispyware is very good in removing difficult malware (malcious software).

Counterspy (paid version)

Zerospyware

Spybot search & destroy

If I am not wrong you can only buy spy sweeper with antivirus protection.

Spyware doctor isn't my favourite because I had lots of troubles with blue screens of death that where caused by one of their drivers. How that I know that for sure because I examined a memory dump.

Best regards

Niels

• farbar
    edited November 2007
    Options

I have used Spysweeper with AV plus v. 10 without any problem.

SuperAntiSpyware could detect Virtumonde on my PC but not remove it totally. Spysweeper could detect and remove it effectively but after that I had to do some cleaning manually.

I got also blue screens using Spyware doctor and AV v. 10. But since I have upgraded to IS 2008 Spyware Doctor doesn't give me trouble. However the services take time to load or unload. If your computer is not supper fast Spyware Doctor in not the choice.

You need to have 2 or 3 antyspyware on your PC. One active and the others for on demand scanning.

• Lately I've been using Threatfire, which is a real-time behaviour monitor. It doesn't conflict with BitDefender and is supposed to prevent not only spyware but also unknown viruses from doing damage, as programs with suspicious or malicious behaviour (in case BitDefender misses) are detected and blocked.

• Magic_Randy
    edited December 2007
    Options

I've been evaluating BitDefender IS2008 to load up on some new Christmas PCs, but was have some trouble with it so I came here. I thought it had spyware software built in. Is this not true? If there is no spyware software built in, I will try something else.

• Niels
    Options
    I've been evaluating BitDefender IS2008 to load up on some new Christmas PCs, but was have some trouble with it so I came here. I thought it had spyware software built in. Is this not true? If there is no spyware software built in, I will try something else.

Dear Magic_Randy

Anti-malware (spyware,adware,trojans,viruses) protection is included. But it's always better to have a back-up scanner because BitDefender main goal is still viruses,trojans,... You can use also online scanners to see if nothing bad is on your computer. Cookies are harmless.

Best regards

Niels