Fatal Errors In Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

I carefully researched Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 reviews before purchasing the product. As a result, I purchased the product. Right away I was disappointed that I had to "repair" the installation in order to run Windows 7 check disk for my C: drive. Next I found I had to uninstall the product to be able to do a system restore and then reinstall it (and again "repair" it).

After installation I immediately noticed my Windows 7 system would drop dead when left on for any substantial amount of time, and I was constantly having to restart it.

I proceeded to take every measure to correct this, including running whole system antivirus scans, restoring from backup, and then upgrading the Windows 7 operating system. The same problem existed. I then formatted my C: drive and installed a completely new full installation of Windows 7 including reinstalling Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and all of my other software. I had paid $10 to be able to reinstall Bitdefender.

In all cases, all current updates were installed for Windows 7 Ultimate.

The same system crashes kept occurring, and I finally suspected Bitdefender might be causing these crashes.

When I completely uninstalled Bitdefender and installed a current copy of another well known internet security program and changed nothing else, all the crashes stopped and the system has worked properly for 10 days now.

This has been a terrible experience that went on over 2 weeks. Attempting to get a response from Product Support was absolutely a waste of time, as they never responded.

I cannot recommend Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 for the above reasons.

Comments

• I carefully researched Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 reviews before purchasing the product. As a result, I purchased the product. Right away I was disappointed that I had to "repair" the installation in order to run Windows 7 check disk for my C: drive. Next I found I had to uninstall the product to be able to do a system restore and then reinstall it (and again "repair" it).

After installation I immediately noticed my Windows 7 system would drop dead when left on for any substantial amount of time, and I was constantly having to restart it.

I proceeded to take every measure to correct this, including running whole system antivirus scans, restoring from backup, and then upgrading the Windows 7 operating system. The same problem existed. I then formatted my C: drive and installed a completely new full installation of Windows 7 including reinstalling Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and all of my other software. I had paid $10 to be able to reinstall Bitdefender.

In all cases, all current updates were installed for Windows 7 Ultimate.

The same system crashes kept occurring, and I finally suspected Bitdefender might be causing these crashes.

When I completely uninstalled Bitdefender and installed a current copy of another well known internet security program and changed nothing else, all the crashes stopped and the system has worked properly for 10 days now.

This has been a terrible experience that went on over 2 weeks. Attempting to get a response from Product Support was absolutely a waste of time, as they never responded.

I cannot recommend Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 for the above reasons.

Exactly same goes for my brother. As i said on my other posts, install Bitdefender for couple days and pure trouble will be coming your way. No way this can be a 5 star rating. People at reviews need to leave in there for couple days than they'll know exactly what we are talking about, not just 15 or 20 min just to do the test. Feel sorry for those newbies. Eventually they will notice the problem and switch to different vendor. :(

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

The situation is different for each case. Some users don't have the latest Service Pack installed, they have other security solutions or leftovers from them or the system is infected an the user did not scan it.

I need some logs from those machines before providing a final answer on this.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

Thank you!