Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Uninstall And Internet Connection Issue

Options

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and actually, a annoying problem hafve forced me to post in the forum. I've downloaded the 90 days trial of the new Bitdefender Total Securtiy 2013, using facebook page. It really works like a charm and is the bets antivirus software, no doubt.

Problem arises when I'm trying to uninstall it. 1st when i uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel, it just never uninstalls and stucked to 25%. Then I downloaded the bD uninstall Tool and uninstalled through it. Restarted my PC when prompted to do so, but after the restart, my internet connection just don't work at all. Although, it was working fine before uninstall. I've tried everything, cleaning registry keys, cleaning temporary files, clearing the DNS cache, but internet remains dead.. This has happened to me twice now with this new product and both times, I had to format my C drive and reinstall the windows from scratch. This is really a annoying problem.

Any fix for that?

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and actually, a annoying problem hafve forced me to post in the forum. I've downloaded the 90 days trial of the new Bitdefender Total Securtiy 2013, using facebook page. It really works like a charm and is the bets antivirus software, no doubt.

Problem arises when I'm trying to uninstall it. 1st when i uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs via Control Panel, it just never uninstalls and stucked to 25%. Then I downloaded the bD uninstall Tool and uninstalled through it. Restarted my PC when prompted to do so, but after the restart, my internet connection just don't work at all. Although, it was working fine before uninstall. I've tried everything, cleaning registry keys, cleaning temporary files, clearing the DNS cache, but internet remains dead.. This has happened to me twice now with this new product and both times, I had to format my C drive and reinstall the windows from scratch. This is really a annoying problem.

Any fix for that?

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Tried to uninstall and half way thru computer crashed and when it came back up I had no internet among other things. So I reinstalled my OS. Downloading all the Windows updates takes hours. After this Bitdefender was still buggy so like you I tried it again. Same thing happened. More hours wasted. Now I'm afraid to try the uninstall because if I have to install my OS again I will completely lose it. I have only been using the repair function with limited success.

• Hotlead
    Options
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. Tried to uninstall and half way thru computer crashed and when it came back up I had no internet among other things. So I reinstalled my OS. Downloading all the Windows updates takes hours. After this Bitdefender was still buggy so like you I tried it again. Same thing happened. More hours wasted. Now I'm afraid to try the uninstall because if I have to install my OS again I will completely lose it. I have only been using the repair function with limited success.

So, i guess it's a bug in Bitdefender TS 2013 uninstallation. Well, I hope that it gets fixed as quickly as possible.

Any official response or say on this problem by any bitdefender official?

• dum5
    Options
    Hi everyone

Any fix for that?

Ok, the fix for that is pretty simple, but believe me it was NOT so easy to find, because I also had the same problem few days ago after I uninstalled the BETA. SO, straight to the fix:

Press the start button and type in the search box cmd, run it as administrator!

In cmd, type netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter

Now restart your computer and the problem is gone!

This is a HUGE problem with the 2013 release and surely must be fixed soon.. I imagine the wave of angry people, whose 90day trial-versions has just expired.

Regards,

V.Filipov.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I also faced the same issue after the uninstallation of Bitdefender either by uninstall tool or by any other method, there is no internet access. Upon analyzing I found out that this is because of the missing of LSP Provider file "bdprovider.dll". I also posted in the Beta feedback.

I use HijackThis tool to find out the cause. Then I use the tool "Lspfix" from "http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm" to fix the issue.

Kindly also see the attachments.

post-31288-1341502642_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1341502676_thumb.jpg

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Ok, the fix for that is pretty simple, but believe me it was NOT so easy to find, because I also had the same problem few days ago after I uninstalled the BETA. SO, straight to the fix:

Press the start button and type in the search box cmd, run it as administrator!

In cmd, type netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter

Now restart your computer and the problem is gone!

This is a HUGE problem with the 2013 release and surely must be fixed soon.. I imagine the wave of angry people, whose 90day trial-versions has just expired.

Regards,

V.Filipov.

This command removes all Winsock LSPs previously installed, including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure. So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled. Also the softwares using LSP have to be re-install again.

• columbo
    Options

ONT, would just running netsh winsock reset (without catalog) work, to save on re-installing LSP associated software, or didn't that take care of the issue, and in your case, using the tool you provided the link for?

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

You can google it what I said, as far as I know Google chrome also uses LSP and if you use above said command, all LSP will be removed and you have to re-install Google Chrome. But with tool I mentioned, only the culprit LSP will be removed e.g in this case the "bdprovider.dll" will be removed and the others remain there. Just follow the instructions while running the tool.

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for the follow up, ONT :) Nice link and tool :)

• dum5
    Options
    You can google it what I said, as far as I know Google chrome also uses LSP and if you use above said command, all LSP will be removed and you have to re-install Google Chrome. But with tool I mentioned, only the culprit LSP will be removed e.g in this case the "bdprovider.dll" will be removed and the others remain there. Just follow the instructions while running the tool.

Well, actually this is not true.. After I ran the command Google Chrome was the first program I tested and it was working without any problems, no reinstall required.. Also, I haven't noticed any connection/internet problems/issues with any program or service.. But surely you seem to know more about the bug and how this LSP works.

With respect,

V.Filipov.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Well, actually this is not true.. After I ran the command Google Chrome was the first program I tested and it was working without any problems, no reinstall required.. Also, I haven't noticed any connection/internet problems/issues with any program or service.. But surely you seem to know more about the bug and how this LSP works.

With respect,

V.Filipov.

Thanks for your correction, however I read about this from internet.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone :)

All the issues should be solved by using the new uninstall tool posted here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804 and a fresh installation using these instructions: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Let me know if you still encounter the same situation after the first restart.

Have a great weekend!

• Hotlead
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

All the issues should be solved by using the new uninstall tool posted here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804 and a fresh installation using these instructions: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Have a great weekend!

alright. Thats cool that you have fixed the problem. Thnk to all for the replies

• Hotlead
    Options

So, i tried uninstalling the bitdefender using this new uninstall tool. And im glad it worked perfectly. No internet isues now after the uninstall. ;-)

however, this tool has created another annoying problem. If u'll try installing anyother BD product like Bitdefender internet security etc, after uninstalling ur previnus BD, u'll get error that "this product is already installed on your system". Despite of the fact that i've uninstalled BD TS using this tool, still i'm getting this msg on BD IS installation.

Help plz?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hi Michael :)

Christian may have a better response for you, but in the 3-4 times I've installed and uninstalled for various reasons, Ive gone through Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, than after the reboot, run the uninstall tool, then CCleaner (free version) in registry mode, as consistently there are 2 Bitdefender reg. keys left that I delete, and have yet to get that error message. Maybe I've just been lucky that way?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Please also check my answer from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153505

Thank you!

• If there are remaining AV legacy files preventing from installing the new bit defender you could always give a third party uninstaller a try, revio and appremover are pretty commonly used, that one can be downloaded from www.appremover.com, hope that helps!!! :D

• Hello everyone :)

Have a great weekend!

I was following your instructions and downloaded the latest uninstall tool... then had no internet access... i could not access my router... then I did a restore... and internet was working again.

so now i am stuck at the point where I run the installation tool.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you use the small installer or the offline kit?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Thank you!

we are talking about the uninstall tool.. i downloaded the one you gave me a link for in the pm... that is as far as i got... the uninstall 2013 tool.

• Hello :)

Thank you!

look I did what you said and used the 2013 uninstall tool but it goes into a loop of uninstalling... then when I got done and rebooted the computer I could not access the internet... I rebooted my modem all that good stuff..

they I did a restore before I used the uninstall tool and I am working again....

when will I get to resolve this issue? this stuff is going on for almost a year now...

• Hello everyone :)

Have a great weekend!

well I got 96 days left on my key and I started trying to fix this with about 200 days left... we are making good progress... by jan my sub will be over and I will still not have used this on my laptop....

what seem to be the trouble with the uninstall package it goes into an endless loop... ??? then when I stop it after two or three times i have no access to the modem and internet.. i have to do a restore to before the uninstall?

is there a tech guy that can help with this?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please check your PM, I have sent you a new message. Please reply back in the same way.

Take care.

• jakro64
    Options
    well I got 96 days left on my key and I started trying to fix this with about 200 days left... we are making good progress... by jan my sub will be over and I will still not have used this on my laptop....

what seem to be the trouble with the uninstall package it goes into an endless loop... ??? then when I stop it after two or three times i have no access to the modem and internet.. i have to do a restore to before the uninstall?

is there a tech guy that can help with this?

I have the same problem, but with Bitdefender Small Business Security build 16.29.0.1830. Running uninstall I lose internet connection after 25 % uninstalled. In order to get the net back I repair Bitdefender. I have tried the Business uninstall tool, but the same repeats.

Can anybody help, please? :unsure: