Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Reboot Blues

Options
2»

Comments

• Hi all,

I haven't done anything to my setup (version 16.22.0.1534) but the reboot requests do seem to have stopped, I think I will wait a bit longer to say so definitively.

Christian, has anything been done which would correct this? or am I just not getting the problem at the moment?

• Hello :)

Please use the uninstall tool posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

Reboot when prompted and then install the product using these instructions:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

After doing a complete uninstall/reinstall, the daily (multiple times) update reboot requests have ceased (none reported for the past 2.5 days). If the status changes, I will let you know. Thanks!

Please use the uninstall tool posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35804

Reboot when prompted and then install the product using these instructions:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=312&id=53

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

I have used the uninstall tool and done the reinstall but I still have the same problem. This was obviously not the cure for me. I have had BD for two days now and have requested a refund without much success at this point. Technicians would rather I spent hours uninstalling and reinstalling other software as well as Bitdefender in order to fix a bitdefender problem. I have no tolerance for software which requires I uninstall and reinstall it. What is wrong with it?

• I am also experiencing constant updates. I'll send through my log file for analysis. Hope this gets resolved soon as this is a little annoying.

I'll also try a repair to BD in the meantime; if that fails an uninstall (with the tool provided) and a reinstall.

post-109795-1350087372_thumb.png

post-109795-1350087386_thumb.png

post-109795-1350087390_thumb.png

post-109795-1350087395_thumb.png

• I am also experiencing constant updates. I'll send through my log file for analysis. Hope this gets resolved soon as this is a little annoying.

I'll also try a repair to BD in the meantime; if that fails an uninstall (with the tool provided) and a reinstall.

Looks as though I spoke too soon. It appears to have resolved itself today.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad to hear that.

In your case, some registry permissions were preventing Bitdefender to replace several files.

During a product update, several files are replaced with newer versions. If the product can replace them, it will constantly warn the user to reboot the PC until the last file is replaced.

That's why you get those Events with reboot.

Take care.

I am glad to hear that.

In your case, some registry permissions were preventing Bitdefender to replace several files.

During a product update, several files are replaced with newer versions. If the product can replace them, it will constantly warn the user to reboot the PC until the last file is replaced.

Take care.

• Hi Christian,

I am getting the "reboot" message as well. Often the next update within an hour or two reports that it is successful even if there has been no reboot.

So do I need to worry about these messages? If so what can I do?

Thanks

Doug Hinsley

Hello :)

I am glad to hear that.

Take care.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

After analyzing the information we received from you we concluded that the most convenient way to fix the issue you reported is to use the Repair feature from Bitdefender. Please follow the steps below in order to start the repairing process:

- Click on the START menu button;

- Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2013 -> choose "Repair or Remove";

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

- Register and activate the product, then open Bitdefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested;

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!