Rosetta Stone

I recently switch over to BDIS. I was very happy with the product until I tried to run my Rosetta Stone software and was unable to. I tracked down the cause to BD. After I uninstalled BD, RS worked fine. Obviously I want to use BDIS...what can I do?

Comments

• I recently switch over to BDIS. I was very happy with the product until I tried to run my Rosetta Stone software and was unable to. I tracked down the cause to BD. After I uninstalled BD, RS worked fine. Obviously I want to use BDIS...what can I do?

Uninstall Rosetta Stone software .... simple :)) :P

• Hello thegoodness,

Could you be a little more specific about what problem you encounter when trying to use Rosetta Stone? Are there any errors/alerts shown? Or what is exactly the behavior of the software?

Cris.

• Hello thegoodness,

Could you be a little more specific about what problem you encounter when trying to use Rosetta Stone? Are there any errors/alerts shown? Or what is exactly the behavior of the software?

Cris.

When I launch RS it seems to start up normally then I get an error message 2123 that says "error in the application" and my only option is to close it.

I did a bunch of research online and found someone that said BDIS was giving false positives about RS, so I uninstalled BDIS and RS worked perfectly. I temporarily installed a free antivirus and it still is running flawlessly.

• This is serious! I used to use Rosetta Stone before I installed BitDefender and coincidentally I am planning to return to using Rosetta Stone soon after gap of several years. ROSETTA STONE IS GENERALLY REGARDED AS THE BEST LANGUAGE SOFTWARE, AND IT'S UNACCEPTABLE IF BITDEFENDER INTERFERES WITH IT! There are many alternatives to BitDefender, but few good alternatives to Rosetta Stone.

• Hello thegoodness,

Just in testing purpose please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button . The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Temporarily please disable this option and let us know if the same issues occurs.

Thank you.

• Hello thegoodness,

Just in testing purpose please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab click on the Advanced Settings button . The BitDefender Active Virus Control Settings window should be displayed. Temporarily please disable this option and let us know if the same issues occurs.

Thank you.

Hi Alex, I was having the same problem with not being able to run Rosetta stone. This appears to have resolved the issue. Hopefully knowing this will allow for a more permanent solution to be found.

• Also just adding an exclusion for Rosetta Stone solved the problem so that I don't have to leave Active Virus Control disabled.

• :o

hi all

i have try all way to make Rosetta stone running, totally failed, the only way is to remove this bitdefender internet security 2010, give me a solution please.. <_<

• Unknown
    edited May 2010

Hello Totofroto,

Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue you are facing:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on PERMISSIVE;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse for the 'Rosetta Stone' executable file and add it as an exception.

Best regards,

• Hello Totofroto,

Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue you are facing:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on PERMISSIVE;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse for the 'Rosetta Stone' executable file and add it as an exception.

Best regards,

thanks for reply

i have did exactly what you have told me, it does not work, error 2123??? any other hint please , you can download the update from here and test yourself, http://support.rosettastone.com/ics/suppor...sp?deptID=14006 , you do not need any other files just this setup file.

waiting to hear from you

• Hi Totofroto,

Please provide me with a download link after you upload the file at http://www.sendspace.com as I can't use the previous link you provided me with.

Also add a screenshot of the error message you receive. Thank you!

• Hi Totofroto,

Please provide me with a download link after you upload the file at http://www.sendspace.com as I can't use the previous link you provided me with.

Also add a screenshot of the error message you receive. Thank you!

hi

after i have followed your steps, i have restart my laptop and it works wounderfully.

i am very happy now

restart was necessary to makes the magical effect.

sinceerly tareg

• Glad to see that the issue was resolved, feel free to contact us any time!

Have a great Sunday!

Regards,

• Another way of doing this without making the program permissive to all programs is to add Rosetta Stone to the actionable program exception list. If you are having this problem tell Rosetta stone technical staff that you have Bit Defender and tell them to walk you through the process they do have a technical ****** for this issue.

• I've just installed Rosetta Stone on 2 PC having Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 Pro SP1. Unfortunately I had 2123 and sometimes 2125 error. On XP 2123 error was even at the start. On Win 7 RS worked for a while. I performed many tries (video drivers, settings, delete registry, reinstall RS, etc) until I discovered this topic. After I disabled (only for testing purpose) AVC from Bitdefender, both Rosetta Stones worked. SO THAT WAS !!! I enabled AVC (Active Virus Control) in Bitdefender, then I added Rosetta StoneVersion3.exe in exception list. That's all. For Bitdefender staff, if you want I can supply you with that exe file to study it. Fisierul a fost aranjat sa evite activ-area, posibil si cel original sa aiba aceeasi problema.

• Glad to see that the issue was resolved, feel free to contact us any time!

Have a great Sunday!

Regards,

Thanks a ot from Italy too! I've a vintage lcd pc made by Lenovo (2002) , where the new realeses of BD don't run, so i must use the version 2008 and every time i have to format (often... this is my experimental pc...) or to load an image that works, i look for this post to solve "The Problem", 'cause that window is well hidden and for the fact that i forget always how works this old version: now is the moment, after three years to say tank you to you. Tank you very much.

Marco

• thanks for reply

i have did exactly what you have told me, it does not work, error 2123??? any other hint please , you can download the update from here and test yourself, http://support.rosettastone.com/ics/suppor...sp?deptID=14006 , you do not need any other files just this setup file.

waiting to hear from you

Thanks a lot from Italy too! I've a vintage lcd pc made by Lenovo (2002) , where the new realeses of BD don't run, so i must use the version 2008 and every time i have to format (often... this is my experimental pc...) or to load an image that works, i look for this post to solve "The Problem", 'cause that window is well hidden and for the fact that i forget always how works this old version: now is the moment, after three years to say tank you to you. Tank you very much.

Marco

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

This topic is too old and the initial issue was resolved.

For other discussions, please open a new topic.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.