Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Adapter Resets To Public

hi, Im having an issue were the network adapter resets to public. Not sure why. If the network is on anything but trusted then i get lag spikes every couple minutes. Get them when watching streams, playing online games or downloading. The streams will freeze then resume and i will have missed a small part, downloads go down to 0/kbs, and in the online games I get rubber banding. Is there a way you could permanently have the network adapter stay on public ? It seems odd to me that I get these lag spikes on say, a home/office setting.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

some system info

windows 7 64 bit

8g ram

i5 2500k

fully updated

Comments

• Hello.

After doing correct settings, set generic to YES and the settings will never changed. :rolleyes:

• thanks mitza, I will try that.

What does it mean to have the adapter on trusted ? Why would i be getting lag spikes on the other settings ?

• Hello. :rolleyes:

The recommended firewall settings are posted HERE.

I don't have any problem on any setting of firewall.

Try that setting and post here if this resolved your problem.

Have a nice day !

• What does it mean to have the adapter on trusted ? Why would i be getting lag spikes on the other settings ?

Hello jev-11,

For each network connection you can configure special trusted or untrusted zones.

A trusted zone is a device that you fully trust, for example a computer or a printer.

All traffic between your computer and a trusted device is allowed. To share resources

with specific computers in an unsecured wireless network, add them as allowed

computers.

An untrusted zone is a device that you do not want to communicate with your

computer at all.

TRUSTED Disable the firewall for the respective adapter.

HOME/OFFICE Allow all traffic between your computer and computers in

the local network.

PUBLIC All traffic is filtered.

UNTRUSTED Completely block network and Internet traffic through the

respective adapter.

Quote from user's guide "Bitdefender Total Security 2013"<Firewall<Managing connection settings / page 115, 116.

Read this carefully and you can find a best solution for yourself.

Bitdefender 2013 User´s Guides (pdf)

Regards.

• Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.24.0.1682(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=164968

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.