Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Doesn't The "uninstall" Program Uninstall All ?

Options

Since BDIS 2011 I have been using the uninstallers provided by Bitdefender. However...since 2011 I have found that numerous...and in 2013's case...scores of entries are left in the registry in Win 7 Pro ??

Shouldn't an "uninstaller" remove most...if not all registry entries ??

Perhaps this is a main problem with all the issues from upgrading from on years version to the next ???

TiminAz

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi TiminAz :)

So far I've usually just ended up with 2 leftover reg. keys with the 2013 version: antispam32 (once in awhile), but "always" seccenter.exe

With the 2012 version it was always 3, including a parental control key. How many did you end up with? And yes, that is why I always instructed those who had install/uninstall issues to use CCleaner to clean those up, as to hopefully help with a clean hassle free install.

I have 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• trinaz
    edited November 2012
    Options

Interesting Columbo...going back to 2010 I always had numerous leftover registry entries...George R actually posted a file or link to a file back then to follow up the BD uninstaller to clean "all" the remaining entries.

My last attempt at 'uninstalling' 2013 with the 2013 uninstaller still left many keys.

I started to save each key prior to deleting the keys but got to about 20 keys saved and just got tired of the procedure so I stopped. I 'think' I still have the folder with the saved keys that I had to manually remove...but maybe not ?

In addition...some of the leftover keys Bitdefender installed had locked Windows 'permissions' in the registry...had to modify each key's 'permissions' to my User Administration" account permissions to delete them !

After running any of the BD uninstallers on all of my different Windows versions I always find multiple entries with these keywords searched:

bdagent.exe

vsserv.exe

updatesrv.exe

and multiple generic 'Bitdefender' entries

Not saying this is good or bad...many...if not most uninstallers...leave some left over keys/entries

Just wondering if this may contribute to new version installation issues when reinstalling and or upgrading !?

TiminAz

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I will run some tests to see what's happening with the uninstall tools (the old one and the one for Bitdefender 2013) and if needed I will forward all the data to our developers, including a link to this topic.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Take care.