Choppy Slow Internet

2»

Comments

• Okay so I got a message back after awhile, they were trying to find a solution. They are stating that "The Bitdefender build number is 16.23.0.1637" should be the solution to our problems. I am still going to wait to see if this update is stable before recommending updating, but the picture attached is the results after updating and restarting my computer. The connection still isn't stable, but it is much better than what it was without Christian's little tweek.

Ok, I'm not sure that it's "fixed".. After undoing the fix that Christian suggested I ran through a series of tests and this is what I get..

Speed test- one out of every 3 tests that I run is "smooth" without the jaggies... This is not right.. - I run this very same test from my router and it always comes back smooth... I run this very same test from another computer without a BD product installed and it runs smooth..

I am still experiencing jitters when watching videos...

I have to say, right now if somebody asked me to recommend a security suite, I would NOT recommend any Bit Defender product. The absolute lack of customer support is appalling. I have had 1 ticket open for over 2 weeks and another ticket open for almost 2 weeks and nobody has responded to either of them beyond the initial e-mail. BD needs to get their act together before they get a rather unflattering review!

• Sir_Vikin
    edited October 2012

WOW! I cannot begin to describe the "50 minute chat" that I just sat through with a BD tech.. I will save you the horror of reading it (I saved it for when I need a good scary story to read)......

Here's how it ended...

After 50 minutes on with the tech it ended with him telling me that "I will make sure that my colleague replies to you as soon as possible, even though she was not able to find a solution yet"

Between the complete lack of communication (2 weeks now + tickets!) and the inability of the tech support team to keep its customers informed and I have to admit that I am rather irritated with the way things are being handled.... Lets not forget that according to the tech - they still do not have a fix.

Anybody else getting an uneasy feeling about BD tech support?

• jonathan_quintana
    edited October 2012

Sir Vikin, yes you are right, it is not completely fixed, but I am still showing better results. Tomorrow if it stays the same ill send tech support feedback on how it still isn't stable, but they are going in the right track and they are communicating with me via e-mail.

Again I recommend anyone that tries to open a ticket to do it through online chat, If the tech can't help you, ask him/her to forward you to their advance tech support team ( currently that's who I'm talking with ) they have more power on fixing problems, although during the last week they didn't reply until they got an update that potentially would fix it, so it might take awhile to get a response after you send them a report

• Okay so I got a message back after awhile, they were trying to find a solution. They are stating that "The Bitdefender build number is 16.23.0.1637" should be the solution to our problems. I am still going to wait to see if this update is stable before recommending updating, but the picture attached is the results after updating and restarting my computer. The connection still isn't stable, but it is much better than what it was without Christian's little tweek.

I just tried speedtest with this build 16.23.0.1637 and it is pretty BAD for me. The test showed me getting close to zero until the last second where it jumped to 4 MB a second.

I went to safe mode and deleted the old bdtl.dll file and renamed the new, and speetest was still jaggy but I got a pretty consistant read throughout the test.

A easier way to start in safe mode by the way, is to go to run and type msconfig and on the boot tab is to check safe boot and restart. You just have to run it again in safe mode and uncheck it this time.

• WOW! I cannot begin to describe the "50 minute chat" that I just sat through with a BD tech.. I will save you the horror of reading it (I saved it for when I need a good scary story to read)......

Here's how it ended...

After 50 minutes on with the tech it ended with him telling me that "I will make sure that my colleague replies to you as soon as possible, even though she was not able to find a solution yet"

Between the complete lack of communication (2 weeks now + tickets!) and the inability of the tech support team to keep its customers informed and I have to admit that I am rather irritated with the way things are being handled.... Lets not forget that according to the tech - they still do not have a fix.

Anybody else getting an uneasy feeling about BD tech support?

Yes I am! and got banned and Threads I created locked for speaking up about it! What does that tell you??

• okay so I uploaded the screen shoot of yesterdays result and how it is working today. I did send an e-mail right now saying my connection is still not at an optimal level.

This was my connection before

post-101014-1351618442_thumb.png

Yesterday

post-101014-1351618166_thumb.png

Today

post-101014-1351618178_thumb.png

• Tom H
    edited October 2012
    okay so I uploaded the screen shoot of yesterdays result and how it is working today. I did send an e-mail right now saying my connection is still not at an optimal level.

It is still borked on my computer, Please Keep Working On It !

• I haven't received a reply but I noticed my IE connection is almost perfect compared to my FireFox connection

FireFox

post-101014-1351711593_thumb.png

Internet Explorer

post-101014-1351711627_thumb.png

I'd like as much feedback so I can help speed up this fix. If people would post results from both browsers I'd appreciate it.

• I haven't received a reply but I noticed my IE connection is almost perfect compared to my FireFox connection

I'd like as much feedback so I can help speed up this fix. If people would post results from both browsers I'd appreciate it.

I still am not updating the engine and am only updating the virus files, but I ran IE and Firefox speedtests and IE was a little better than Firefox, but both were pretty bad this time.

• I still am not updating the engine and am only updating the virus files, but I ran IE and Firefox speedtests and IE was a little better than Firefox, but both were pretty bad this time.

I updated yesterday and immediately regretted it.. Both IE and Chrome were horrendous! I've since used Christians fix to get things working somewhat smoothly. I really wish that somebody up at tech support would do what they say when they say they will do it! Earlier this week a tech told me that they would get back to me with an answer and here I am still waiting for an answer for a problem submitted 2 1/2 weeks ago!

• okay thanks for the feedback, I am still getting pretty good speed and connection, but as soon as i get a reply ill mention you guys to see if they can help you directly. thnx

• I thought I would give it another try today.Build 16.23.0.1637

My internet is not all that fast to start with but this just destroys it !

Before with the bdtl.dll renamed I get around 4 Mb downloads and it ranges around 3.5 mb to 4 mb down and the graph has jaggies 3 to 4 mb

I just let the engine update and restarted, checked to make sure that the .dll was there and it was but now my speedtest gives me 1/2 mb down until the very last second where it jumps up to 3mb down.

This is complete garbage !

I am getting very frustrated.

I had 1 message from Christian that said "I will provide some answers / solutions in that topic ASAP"

That was October 29th .... It doesn't seem very ASAP Christian ... I could use some hope !

• Christian, You seem to skipped this again, how about a update.

• Why do I get the feeling this is never going to answered ?

I also know I will bring it back up until I'm satisfied.

I have had trouble with this since June when I installed it and posted about it not working well with anything Mozilla related.

Wish I had just ditched it way back then !

• Sir_Vikin
    edited November 2012

I understand your level of frustration as I have reached that point too.

October 14th I sent in a ticket, got a reply asking me to run the support tool and submit it via reply. I did that. I have not heard anything since then. Last week I got on the chat and got the run around telling me that they would have the tech that was looking into my ticket get back to me ASAP even though there was no fix yet. Yet NOBODY even tried to help me with my problem, I just got the run around and was treated like a second rate customer that did not matter.

I STILL have not heard back from that tech, this makes 3 weeks without contact from her!

However, tech support decided to finally reply to me on the duplicate ticket that I opened 1-2 weeks ago asking me to submit a reply with the information generated from the support tool. I replied pointing them to the original ticket and not only was the response that I received insulting, it opened my eyes to the state of Bit Defender's tech support, or complete lack there of.

The reply told me that I had windows firewall running and that the windows firewall AND advanced system optimizer were the cause of my problems. Having a background in computers I know better.. The canned Tech support reply then wanted to walk me through how to disable windows firewall and how to uninstall advanced system optimizer. The problem here is that I KNOW that windows firewall is disabled, however to humor them I followed their directions anyways.. Guess what? Windows firewall was turned off. Add to this that I have been running advanced system optimizer WITH BD TS 2012 for a year now without a hitch and I was running it with 2013 until the update they rolled out to TS 2013 this summer. Its obvious that they not only do NOT have an answer to the problem, but that they do not care. I am so absolutely frustrated with tech support here that it is not funny! I've already started warning my friends and customers against Bit Defender products and I sincerely doubt that I will renew my license again next summer. In fact I'm so irritated right now that I may just go ahead and write off the renewal cost of TS 2013 as a BAD investment and go ahead and buy a new AV all together!

• I understand your level of frustration as I have reached that point too.

October 14th I sent in a ticket, got a reply asking me to run the support tool and submit it via reply. I did that. I have not heard anything since then. Last week I got on the chat and got the run around telling me that they would have the tech that was looking into my ticket get back to me ASAP even though there was no fix yet. Yet NOBODY even tried to help me with my problem, I just got the run around and was treated like a second rate customer that did not matter.

I STILL have not heard back from that tech, this makes 3 weeks without contact from her!

However, tech support decided to finally reply to me on the duplicate ticket that I opened 1-2 weeks ago asking me to submit a reply with the information generated from the support tool. I replied pointing them to the original ticket and not only was the response that I received insulting, it opened my eyes to the state of Bit Defender's tech support, or complete lack there of.

The reply told me that I had windows firewall running and that the windows firewall AND advanced system optimizer were the cause of my problems. Having a background in computers I know better.. The canned Tech support reply then wanted to walk me through how to disable windows firewall and how to uninstall advanced system optimizer. The problem here is that having a background in computers I KNOW that windows firewall is disabled, however to humor them I followed their directions anyways.. Guess what? Windows firewall was turned off. Add to this that I have been running advanced system optimizer WITH BD TS 2012 for a year now without a hitch and I was running it with 2013 until the update they rolled out to TS 2013 this summer. Its obvious that they not only do NOT have an answer to the problem, but that they do not care. I am so absolutely frustrated with tech support here that it is not funny! I've already started warning my friends and customers against Bit Defender products and I sincerely doubt that I will renew my license again next summer. In fact I'm so irritated right now that I may just go ahead and write off the renewal cost of TS 2013 as a BAD investment and go ahead and buy a new AV all together!

Is this the tech support from the ticket or online chat? The online chat, in my opinion probably aren't tech support they just have pre canned answers to common questions. In my opinion the only tech guys is their "advance team" and Christian. The feedback time is also killing me, firefox recently started going real slow and videos are disconnecting or lagging as if I had a cheapo GPU and was stealing internet connection from a MikyD's wifi. I am having better luck with IE the problem all my info is on FireFox and not to mention I hate switching formats. Well hopefully Tudor or Christian replys soon to my messages. I think I might just surf the web with my gaming rig that has no AV....

• Hello :)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

@ BigBird

I saw that ticket in the system, my colleague Tudor will get back to you via email.

For those that still encounter this issue, I need 2 things from you:

1. Do you use IPv6 protocol for your internet connection?

2. Do you have a gigabit LAN connection or network card?

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Have a lovely day!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

For those that still encounter this issue, I need 2 things from you:

1. Do you use IPv6 protocol for your internet connection?

2. Do you have a gigabit LAN connection or network card?

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Have a lovely day!

Yes, I use IPv6. It is installed and enabled by default starting with Windows Vista.

IPv6 for Microsoft Windows: FAQ

Yes, I use a Gigabyte network card, it is a Intel Gigabyte CT Desktop Adapter, pci express

Newegg.com Intel EXP19301CTBLK NIC

Hope this helps.

• My wife's computer has the same trouble.

She has :

Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabyte Ethernet NIC, it is integrated into the Motherboard.

As far as I can tell IPv6 is not even installed. She is using Windows XP Service Pack 2 32 bit, mine is Windows Vista 64 bit and all Windows Updates.

• I am running the following:

Windows 8 64 bit

IPV6 IS enabled

with the following

-Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

-Intel Centrino WiMAX 6150

-Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150

• So, what's the deal Christian ?

Is this ever going to be fixed ?

Why won't you let us know what's going on ?

• send him a PM, but this is what tech support told me

I kindly inform you that the situation you reported has been notified and our

engineers are working on finding the cause of the slowdown, and a solution.

In the meantime, I recommend you make sure the bdtl.dll file is renamed, and,

in addition, modify another file so that your product downloads only the virus

signature updates; by keeping the product updates enabled as well, the

bdtl.dll file will be automatically renamed back to its initial form. Please

be so kind and follow the steps below:

- reboot your computer in Safe Mode

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

*Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

*Press the 'F8' key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you

need to press F8 until you will be displayed a text menu;

*Select 'SAFE MODE' in the text menu and press Enter.

*Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click OK to acknowledge.

Browse to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013 and make sure only the

bdtl.dl_ file remains (delete bdtl.dll if it exists).

Now locate the update_components.xml file from the same location, right-click

it and select Edit;

in the second </Signatures> line change the value after <Product enabled="

from 1 to 0 (please check attachment).

Reboot in Normal Mode and check if your internet connection is working

properly.

I would like to thank you for your understanding and patience in solving this

issue; you will be notified when to change the modified files back to their

previous state.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Ana Adriana Sandu

Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

-------------------------------------

http://www.bitdefender.com/help

https://my.bitdefender.com/

• Thanks for the info BigBird.

It would have been nice if Christian could have told me and others of the little hack here

locate the update_components.xml file from the same location, right-click
    it and select Edit;
    in the second line change the value after <Product enabled="
    from 1 to 0 (please check attachment)

I am really getting tired of this !

• You think that's bad? I just heard back from Tech support on the ticket that I submitted over 3 weeks ago..

Is their tech support really that clueless that they cannot connect with one another over an issue that multiple people are having? BB gets one response, I get a completely different one, and others get nothing. BD has the absolute WORST tech support that I have ever, had the displeasure of working with!

You wont believe their response....

In order to assist you we need to identify which Bitdefender module is causing

this issue. In order to do this please follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window either from the Desktop shortcut or by clicking

on the Windows Start button -> All Programs -> Bitdefender 2013 -> Bitdefender

Total Security 2013;

2. From Antivirus turn Autoscan OFF;

3. From Firewall, turn the Firewall OFF;

4. Then click on Settings;

5. Click on Settings and disable On-access scanning from the Antivirus box.

Disable if for 30 minutes. It will enable back when this period expires;

6. Then disable the Active virus control in the lower part of that same

window;

7. Then click on gear, select the Firewall module and from Advanced disable

the Intrusion Detection system;

8. Click on gear, select the Privacy module and turn OFF the Scan SSL option;

9. Close the Bitdefender window;

10. Open your Internet browser, click on the tiny black marker from the

central left spot on top of the page in order to expand the Bitdefender

toolbar and turn it OFF;

11. Close the Internet browser and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue is solve by disabling all those modules, please try to enable

just one at a time in order to check which of the Bitdefender modules is

causing this issue.

Please let us know if disabling any of these modules solved the issue, and

which of them it was.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

• I am really getting tired of this !

I cannot agree with you more Tom!

• In just 3 more days it will have been a month since Christains little hack.

I have everything possible disabled, Privacy Disabled, AntiSpam Disabled , Automatic Updates Crippled.

Please remind what is Bitdefender Internet Security ?

Sir_Vikin, I'm sure glad I didn't get your tech support response !

I think I would really have went off on a rant here, it's bad enough being ignored on the forum for a week at a time but to get a response like that would really set me off.

That is the typical canned response of a tech support that really doesn't know squat but wants to intimidate you into just giving up.

I think that's what is happening now, they (Christian) constantly ignores this thread and skips over it when he answers questions once a week or so when he graces the forum with a response something like try the newest build...... no answers ....just try the newest build.

Guess I went off on a small rant after all.

• I've submitted multiple tickets, chatted with tech support via live chat and I've even on BD's Facebook page.. Why? Because I really wanted this to work, I wanted my moneys worth out of a company who sells the "supposed" #1 ranked AV suite and who was supposed to be "trust worthy".

Its been 2 days since I sent in my last response to BD, and still nothing. Hence my FB post. I was excited that the FB post garnered a response, apologizing for my troubles and asking for my ticket #'s. So, 8 hours ago I replied with those numbers, and knowing that they would not do anything I told them that I was planning on un-installing TS 2013 this evening as I knew they would not help me. So, here I am 8 hours later, 2 days after my last e-mail response to tech support, (total of almost 4 weeks without an answer that is NOT canned) still waiting for somebody to give me an answer or to help me with my problem...... The same problem that everyone else in this post is having.....

Well, I'm not waiting anymore.... Bit Defender has lost my respect and my trust. I have not only wasted my precious hard earned money on this product, but I have wasted countless hours of my time trying to figure out what was wrong, trying to get support, just trying to be treated like a customer. All of my time wasted, and I cannot get it back...

Its a shame that I chose to trust a company such as Bit Defender to do the right thing and fix its products. Its a shame that I wasted my time and money on such an untrustworthy company. Its a shame that Bit Defender treats its customers with so little respect.

Is it really that hard to send an e-mail to a customer telling them that you have not forgotten about them, that you are in fact working on their problem and that you have not kicked them to the curb side? Evidentially it is that hard and more for the techs at BD.

Lastly, it is a shame that Bit Defender has cost itself a customer because of its shameful behavior.

I am un-installing TS 2013, its past time that I stopped wasting my time and money on a company that obviously doesn't want or need either any more..

• Hello Sir_Vikin

Please do not despair.

They are going to send again the clown (Hello smile.gif), for a little, to amuse us as usual.

Regards!

• I've submitted multiple tickets, chatted with tech support via live chat and I've even on BD's Facebook page.. Why? Because I really wanted this to work, I wanted my moneys worth out of a company who sells the "supposed" #1 ranked AV suite and who was supposed to be "trust worthy".

Its been 2 days since I sent in my last response to BD, and still nothing. Hence my FB post. I was excited that the FB post garnered a response, apologizing for my troubles and asking for my ticket #'s. So, 8 hours ago I replied with those numbers, and knowing that they would not do anything I told them that I was planning on un-installing TS 2013 this evening as I knew they would not help me. So, here I am 8 hours later, 2 days after my last e-mail response to tech support, (total of almost 4 weeks without an answer that is NOT canned) still waiting for somebody to give me an answer or to help me with my problem...... The same problem that everyone else in this post is having.....

Well, I'm not waiting anymore.... Bit Defender has lost my respect and my trust. I have not only wasted my precious hard earned money on this product, but I have wasted countless hours of my time trying to figure out what was wrong, trying to get support, just trying to be treated like a customer. All of my time wasted, and I cannot get it back...

Its a shame that I chose to trust a company such as Bit Defender to do the right thing and fix its products. Its a shame that I wasted my time and money on such an untrustworthy company. Its a shame that Bit Defender treats its customers with so little respect.

Is it really that hard to send an e-mail to a customer telling them that you have not forgotten about them, that you are in fact working on their problem and that you have not kicked them to the curb side? Evidentially it is that hard and more for the techs at BD.

Lastly, it is a shame that Bit Defender has cost itself a customer because of its shameful behavior.

I am un-installing TS 2013, its past time that I stopped wasting my time and money on a company that obviously doesn't want or need either any more..

On Nov.3rd

Christian wrote:

Hello (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I am sorry for the delay of our answer and I hope to assist you in a timely fashion from now on. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to convey our apologies in regards to the situation created.

All customers should receive an answer to their request in maximum 24/48 hours.

Do all customer still want to believe this crap? What a BIG laugh!!

• Sir_Vikin
    edited November 2012

Ok, this morning I received an e-mail from tech support that informed me of a new build that would fix the issues that I am experiencing, and telling me that they "hope to assist me in a timely manner from now on" (I know, I know...). So, I decided to give them one last chance...

Well, the new build does do some things good, but on others it doesn't...

For starters, I can now add/upload attachments for e-mail and upload files to websites and overall video playback is better, though not perfect (I still get occasional lag when watching videos) - but the upload speeds are cut in half! It takes forever to upload anything now where as before it would not do anything at all! If I uninstall TS 2013 it moves at almost 3 times the speed it does with TS installed!!

Also- regular internet browsing and operations - the internet speed has dramatically decreased as well!! I go from 16M down to 8M and periodically down to 2M with TS 2013 installed... Yet, the other PC's on the same network do NOT experience the same issue, and when I uninstall TS 2013 from my laptop the issues are solved!

So, the verdict is that it is half fixed.. And, unfortunately I cannot afford to continue to wait for BD to fix it. A month is too long for anybody to wait for service, so I am moving on and I am requesting a pro-rated refund of my renewal this past summer. Its obvious that BD TS 2013 does not work as advertised, and I cannot afford to go another month without an AV that is working the way that it is supposed to..

Thanks-

Mike

• @ BD support team

You lose another customer NOT because your product is useless but because YOU ARE USELESS.

Keep up the...good work.

• Ok, this morning I received an e-mail from tech support that informed me of a new build that would fix the issues that I am experiencing, and telling me that they "hope to assist me in a timely manner from now on" (I know, I know...). So, I decided to give them one last chance...

Well, the new build does do some things good, but on others it doesn't...

For starters, I can now add/upload attachments for e-mail and upload files to websites and overall video playback is better, though not perfect (I still get occasional lag when watching videos) - but the upload speeds are cut in half! It takes forever to upload anything now where as before it would not do anything at all! If I uninstall TS 2013 it moves at almost 3 times the speed it does with TS installed!!

Also- regular internet browsing and operations - the internet speed has dramatically decreased as well!! I go from 16M down to 8M and periodically down to 2M with TS 2013 installed... Yet, the other PC's on the same network do NOT experience the same issue, and when I uninstall TS 2013 from my laptop the issues are solved!

So, the verdict is that it is half fixed.. And, unfortunately I cannot afford to continue to wait for BD to fix it. A month is too long for anybody to wait for service, so I am moving on and I am requesting a pro-rated refund of my renewal this past summer. Its obvious that BD TS 2013 does not work as advertised, and I cannot afford to go another month without an AV that is working the way that it is supposed to..

Thanks-

Mike

I do believe you were lied to, looking at the change log, there is nothing there about this situation and bdtl.dll totally screwing the internet.

These guys are just trying to wait out the problem .

Hello,

A new product has been released with the following details:

Date: 11.12.2012

Affected software:

- BitDefender Total Security 2013

- BitDefender Internet Security 2013

- BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2013

Localization: US;

Version: 16.24.0.1682

Platform: x86, x64

Fixes + features:

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013, Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Bitdefender Total Security 2013 are listed in Windows Store under Windows 8;

New digital signature for drivers under Windows 8;

The link "I understand this risks ...' does not work on x64 OSs when a page is blocked;

Search Advisor displays the status for the same link multiple times on Facebook;

New detections for banking websites in Safepay;

Update module - stop button doesn't respond instantly;

Add to Favorites button is placed over the address bar;

SafePay does not fully display favicons;

Multiple paths appear in log file when scanning a file whose name contains Unicode characters;

Google Chrome is not working with Active Virus Control turned on and Trusteer Rapport installed;

trufos.sys is blocking "check disk" at system startup;

Create specific event when detecting keyloggers;

When Quick Scan is running statistics should be hidden;

Analyze wipe action in Antitheft;

Safepay does not start on some systems;

File Vaults cannot be created if they are bigger than 1 GB;

Improve Remote Management communication with the cloud;

Latest updates status is incorrect when product update was never performed;

Integrated ThreatScanner 3.0.2.287;

Integrated TrafficLight SDK 1.5.0.149;

Integrated bdnc.dll 2.1.1.29765;

Restore clean files option from Quarantine doesn't work on some systems;

Major improvement for Tuneup scanning process;

Show Update panel on main screen - request;

I/O errors in scan logs - ignored items;

If product is expired, odscanui should not start;

Improved HttpScan over SSL;

Explorer.exe crash when immunizing a stick;

Multiple files are not restored when deleting or changing the name of the source folder;

Can not use Tab key to switch from Username to Password in the Activation window;

Size: ~52 MB

Update method: Automatically by Live Update module

--------------------

Best regards,

Christian

• I installed newest build....It still stinks !

I have uninstalled Bites-Defender and currently running a Trial of a competitors Security Suite.

So far I have had absolutely no problems.

The Internet works fine

I have NOTHING Disabled

All of my on-line games work with no configuration on my part necessary.

The settings for Firewall and Network Adapter or Virus section DON'T need to be immediately changed.

Just so you know, This is the worst Security Suite EVER but what tops that is the complete LACK of support !

• I installed newest build....It still stinks !

I have uninstalled Bites-Defender and currently running a Trial of a competitors Security Suite.

So far I have had absolutely no problems.

The Internet works fine

I have NOTHING Disabled

All of my on-line games work with no configuration on my part necessary.

The settings for Firewall and Network Adapter or Virus section DON'T need to be immediately changed.

Just so you know, This is the worst Security Suite EVER but what tops that is the complete LACK of support !

Totally agree. They just want you to wait, wait, wait, AND WAIT just like i said before, next build etc.. Unless you have all the time in the world, don't mess with this stupid software. I'm glad somebody suddenly notice that there's a BIG problem.

Christian wrote: all customer receive request to their answers maximum 24/48 hrs, but good luck on that. My family, friends, coworker will never EVER trust BD whatsoever no matter how good they are.

• Totally agree. They just want you to wait, wait, wait, AND WAIT just like i said before, next build etc.. Unless you have all the time in the world, don't mess with this stupid software. I'm glad somebody suddenly notice that there's a BIG problem.

Christian wrote: all customer receive request to their answers maximum 24/48 hrs, but good luck on that. My family, friends, coworker will never EVER trust BD whatsoever no matter how good they are.

As a long-time BD user, I can tell you there was a general rule: The current version gets glitches 1-2 months before the release of the new one, and the new one needs 2-3 months after release to have its issues fixed (during which time even more serious bugs can be introduced, let's not forget about it wrecking all 64-bit Windows systems at some point, that was a huge one, and deleting OpenOffice files at another), so you generally get about 8 good months a year if you stay up to date. Which sort of results in your best bet for full stability being being one version behind at the time of a new release, and then upgrading by one version (so getting back to one behind, after being two behind for a while) around the turn of the year, to avoid both sets of issues, if at the cost of never having the latest version.

But now 2013 was launched darn early, and in fact they seem to edge earlier every year, but the issues still seem to get fixed in December or so, so the buggy time increases. Thought the number of months had passed and I'd be reasonably safe, so upgraded from the stable 2011 straight to 2013 now that I had to reinstall Windows anyway, and slammed right into this faulty update, blue screens, couldn't boot... Lovely.

Now, I'm sure they'll have it fixed, but it's sure be nice if SOMEDAY they'll take care of these things DURING THE BETA!

• Tom H
    edited November 2012

I'm using a Trial version of a competitors Internet Security and it sure is nice.

I have 18 months to go on my subscription of Bitedefender, are you going to fix this.

I can't imagine how long this topic will be, but I'll keep on posting and warn would be buyers ...

PM'ing Christian gets you No where, he ignores that as well as this thread!

• Tom, I have followed you in installing a trial version of a more reliable security suite until this problem is solved..... immediately I notice everything moves faster.

Funny thing happened after I installed the new software and rebooted, it found a virus right at start up, I thought bitdefender had the best virus protection/detection software????

Well I am patiently waiting for a fix, hopefully before 30 days (LOL)

This topic is now to general and all the users report the same phenomenon but the cause could be different for each one.

In this case, I have a proposal for you: those that still encounter the same issue, please do the following:

1. Make sure that you have the latest build installed:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=164968

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

2. Open a new topic and that topic will be treated as an individual case.

In some cases, the issue is caused by other security solutions(or leftovers) or by download managers that monitor the traffic and interfere with the HTTP scanner from our products.

We will continue the discussion in those topics.

Thank you for reading this post. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.