Registry Cleaner

I have just installed Total Security 2013. When I opened the built in registry cleaner, there are many items appearing for delete. When I went through the Bitdefender forum, there are many concerns about deleting required registries resulting in system crash. Is it alright to go ahead and delete all those selected by the registry cleaner. My OS is windows 7 64 bit.

Comments

• Hello :)

Could you please make me a screenshot so I can see all those entries?

[How to take a screenshot]

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard)

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint))

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format (BMP format is too big to send by e-mail)

5. Attach the screenshot in your next reply.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

• freesoul.rahul
    edited November 2012
    Hello :)

Could you please make me a screenshot so I can see all those entries?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi I have d same issue .. Bit Defender is showing 177 errors in my registries that too when i less dan a month ago had to format my entire win7.

It will be realllly great if you could take a look at error I am getting and help with the same ...

Here is a jpg containing some errors from bitdefender ...

Thanks in advance ,, :)

post-121485-1353474075_thumb.jpg

• Hi I have d same issue .. Bit Defender is showing 177 errors in my registries that too when i less dan a month ago had to format my entire win7.

It will be realllly great if you could take a look at error I am getting and help with the same ...

Here is a jpg containing some errors from bitdefender ...

Thanks in advance ,, :)

Hello:

Though Christian was kind enough to help me, I have not yet forwarded the screen shot, as I never wanted to disturb him too often.Thanks for sharing the screen shots and I am confident that you will be able to get solution soon.

• I am actually having the same issue. I just purchased Total Security 2013 and have generally been happy with it, it's been a big improvement over 2012 which I could never get to work on my system (Win 7 64 bit) without crashing. This version runs just fine. So, thanks for that.

However, I ran the registry cleaner and it states I have some 700+ keys that can be deleted with low risk and 10 or so with a medium risk. I have learned my lesson the hard way and did this once with a different program on a different computer years ago. My system became so unstable that I couldn't even use it. As a result, I am very leery of believing that all these can be deleted without consequence, especially the .dll files.

I am not a computer geek and know very little about working with the registry, but I do not want to cripple my system again. Can you please advise?

Thank you.

• Hi all,

During the last months the Tune-up module has been greatly improved. Besides, you can also restore the deleted registry by using Registry Recovery feature from Tune-up.

Please post back if you need further assistance.

Thank you! :)

• Hi. I have run registry clean-up and deleted about 7500 files. I did a reboot and my Vista system would not come back up. After about 20-30 minutes I did a reboot and a restore. There no longer are the back-up files in the Registry Cleaner and I have two problems. PCM Media Sharing.exe has stopped working and NVIDIA Settings has stopped working. Quote: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program; to protect your computer Data Execution Prevention has closed the program.

What should I do to repair the system please?

Thanks, Bruce

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Bruce,

I am sorry to hear about this.

You will receive an answer soon via your existing ticket ID 201303121000843

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.