White Icons And Freezing Up In Win7 64bit

I've been using Bitdefender Total Security 2012 all year (2012) with no errors and had no intention to update to version 2013 till my key expires in late Jan 2013... however on Friday 23rd Nov, i decided to backup and reinstall Windows 7 64bit on my computer, with the fresh install of Windows I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013. After I installed the antivirus I instantly got white icons on the desktop and start menu and Windows was mostly unresponsive at times and the bootup process was horrible!

Being a A+ Certified Professional I went back to discover the cause for my errors with Windows before I blamed any program I installed. I downloaded the latest drivers for my Asus board, NVidia video card and updated my BIOS. Checked my RAM and my Hard Drive and everything is functioning. However just after I install Windows 7 64bit then BitDefender Total Security 2013 I get problems (as I mentioned before)... It is only after I decided to uninstall the program and redownloaded and installed Bitdefender Total Security 2012 I had no issues.

Please someone look into this.... I really like this antivirus and it would be a shame if when I'm ready to renew my subscription that I go with another antivirus solution that wouldn't mess up my Windows.

System Summary

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU : Intel Core i5 @ 3.00GHz

RAM : 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333MHz

Motherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8P67 LE (LGA1155)

Graphics : 1023MB GeForce GTX 560 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Hard Drives : 932GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA)

932GB Seagate ST31000528AS (SATA)

Audio : Realtek High Definition Audio

Comments

• I've been using Bitdefender Total Security 2012 all year (2012) with no errors and had no intention to update to version 2013 till my key expires in late Jan 2013... however on Friday 23rd Nov, i decided to backup and reinstall Windows 7 64bit on my computer, with the fresh install of Windows I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013. After I installed the antivirus I instantly got white icons on the desktop and start menu and Windows was mostly unresponsive at times and the bootup process was horrible!

Being a A+ Certified Professional I went back to discover the cause for my errors with Windows before I blamed any program I installed. I downloaded the latest drivers for my Asus board, NVidia video card and updated my BIOS. Checked my RAM and my Hard Drive and everything is functioning. However just after I install Windows 7 64bit then BitDefender Total Security 2013 I get problems (as I mentioned before)... It is only after I decided to uninstall the program and redownloaded and installed Bitdefender Total Security 2012 I had no issues.

Please someone look into this.... I really like this antivirus and it would be a shame if when I'm ready to renew my subscription that I go with another antivirus solution that wouldn't mess up my Windows.

System Summary

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU : Intel Core i5 @ 3.00GHz

RAM : 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333MHz

Motherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8P67 LE (LGA1155)

Graphics : 1023MB GeForce GTX 560 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Hard Drives : 932GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA)

932GB Seagate ST31000528AS (SATA)

Audio : Realtek High Definition Audio

Please Update Your Bitdefender Build Shoul Be 16.24.1682.

• Please Update Your Bitdefender Build Shoul Be 16.24.1682.

i update it... reinstall... update... update and update...

no change unless if i just dont have it installed and use bitdefender total security 2012

• i update it... reinstall... update... update and update...

no change unless if i just dont have it installed and use bitdefender total security 2012

Kyon:

See response #8 in the post for "Explorer/windows Freezing After Update." in this forum. That will fix your problem for the short term. There are also other posts over in the Antivirus forum about the same problem. Many people are having this issue.

• Kyon:

See response #8 in the post for "Explorer/windows Freezing After Update." in this forum. That will fix your problem for the short term. There are also other posts over in the Antivirus forum about the same problem. Many people are having this issue.

ok thanks i'll try that and see what happens...

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Kyon™,

Please tell me if this issue persists with the new build version 16.28.0.1763

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)