Is2013 - 16.24.0.1684 Big Problems

Marky
edited November 2012 in Update

Hello!

I have big problems after the update to Version 16.24.0.1684 on my Win7 64 bit PC and laptop. Big freezes to Windows boot and windows explorer and internet explorer. Windows 7 64 bit starts with big delays. Afterburner, Speedfan and so starts time after time but their icons arent visible at taskbar. Moving the mouse cursor over the Bitdefender icon says, that Bitdefender modules are loaded please wait. Waiting for hours..... But the IS2013 seem to run. The PC and laptop are very low and often freezes.

The problem begins after an update with restart. If I repair my Bitdefender IS 2013 installation, the first start runs well until new updates are downloaded!

Please help us, it is urgent! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• themul
    edited November 2012
    Hello!

I have big problems after the update to Version 16.24.0.1684 on my Win7 64 bit PC and laptop. Big freezes to Windows boot and windows explorer and internet explorer. Windows 7 64 bit starts with big delays. Afterburner, Speedfan and so starts time after time but their icons arent visible at taskbar. Moving the mouse cursor over the Bitdefender icon says, that Bitdefender modules are loaded please wait. Waiting for hours..... But the IS2013 seem to run. The PC and laptop are very low and often freezes.

The problem begins after an update with restart. If I repair my Bitdefender IS 2013 installation, the first start runs well until new updates are downloaded!

Please help us, it is urgent! Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have telephoned bitdefender and have escalated this issue once again and here is the number if you wish to let them know as well, so that hopefully they will fix this very annoying issue.

[ 02071539959] outside UK +442071539959

• Hello :)

Please open Bitdefender, click on Settings and select Antivirus.

From there go to Shield and make sure that On-access scanning is set to Normal. If not, set it manually to Normal and reboot.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

• Marky
    edited November 2012
    Hello :)

Please open Bitdefender, click on Settings and select Antivirus.

From there go to Shield and make sure that On-access scanning is set to Normal. If not, set it manually to Normal and reboot.

Take care.

Yeah, thanks that works. PC and laptop run pretty fine now again.

You have boosted the setting "aggressive" so that the pc becomes slow? I ever used the setting "agressive" so far without problems, cause I have fast SSDs installed.

• Hello :)

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!