Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Not Warning Of Series Problems

Options

I am currently testing the Bitdefender 2013 Windows 8 trial. I have noticed that, even on User Mode, the software does not seem to alert the user to problems. For example, when an update requires a restart, I am entirely unaware until I manually opened Bitdefender and look at Events. More concerning is that I am not alerted when modules are turned off. To test this, I disconnected my computer from all networks and turned off Antivirus, Privacy, and Anti-Spam. The user interface told me I was not protected and the status rectangle turned red. When I log out and log back into my computer, Bitdefender does nothing to tell me I am "in the red." If the modules, somehow, got turned off without my knowing, this would be a big problem. I have to manually check the Bitdefender user interface or notification area icon before I have any idea if something is wrong. Even the free version of Avast alerts the user when problems like this arise. This concerns me greatly and I would rather not just use autopilot, as that keeps me even further out of the loop regarding what Bitdefender has been up to. Is there a setting I am missing or is this how Bitdefender is designed?

Comments

• +1 for this. I used to get alerts on the widget but since switching to Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 for Windows 8, the widget has gone. Now there is no way of knowing that something needs looking at without opening the Bitdefender Window. It would be good if the System Tray icon changed appearance for alerts.

• +1 for this. I used to get alerts on the widget but since switching to Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 for Windows 8, the widget has gone. Now there is no way of knowing that something needs looking at without opening the Bitdefender Window. It would be good if the System Tray icon changed appearance for alerts.

BD internet Security 2013 has widget but windows 8 security doesn't have widget.

you will able to see widget wit BDIS 2013 As it is not associated to sidebar.exe.

Microsoft has removed gagets from windows 8 due some vulnerability issue.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Bitdefender is a silent product and the Auto Pilot takes care of everything.

If a product update is installed and no restarts are performed in the next 7 days, a pop-up will appear in system tray to reboot the system.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.