Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I May Have Made A Mistake?

Options
ttomm46
edited December 2012 in General

Not to long ago Norton 2013 was reportedly hacked and i can't get a straight answer on the forum...Got 360 for 24.95...oh well....Then vipre black friday deal for 19.95 now i read some reports that zero day protection is Zero.. :unsure: I can get Bit defender chea.p but would it be worth the switch? and also I bought AVG pc tune-up..will it be compatible.?.I know Norton says it would interfere with their tune up...I just need really great protection and safe shopping and Anti Spam..Download crew has BitDefender anti virus plus for 5.95 and IS 12.95.......Any advice on compatiblity with my tune up and protection...This would be the 3rd I've bought in a month

Tom :ph34r:

Comments

• Anyone..I know sometimes I buy impulsively

tom :blink:

• Anyone..I know sometimes I buy impulsively

tom :blink:

You Will Get Your Answer From Tech Support Tomorrow As Weekends Are Going on.

Please Be Patience.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Since we are not allowed to assist you via PM, please note that I've used your email address(the one that you used to register on Bitdefender Forum) and I've created on your behalf this ticket ID:

We will get back to you via email.

Thank you.

• AnotherDave
    Options
    Not to long ago Norton 2013 was reportedly hacked and i can't get a straight answer on the forum...Got 360 for 24.95...oh well....Then vipre black friday deal for 19.95 now i read some reports that zero day protection is Zero.. :unsure: I can get Bit defender chea.p but would it be worth the switch? and also I bought AVG pc tune-up..will it be compatible.?.I know Norton says it would interfere with their tune up...I just need really great protection and safe shopping and Anti Spam..Download crew has BitDefender anti virus plus for 5.95 and IS 12.95.......Any advice on compatiblity with my tune up and protection...This would be the 3rd I've bought in a month

Tom :ph34r:

In my experience Vipre is horrible - I've had to disinfect a ton of machines for a local company who were using Vipre because their "IT Guy" told them they should.

AVG (the paid version) is quite good and very user-friendly, but...

1. I think Bitdefender is more accurate and stronger protection, more reliable overall (that's why I recently switched)

2. In my experience, you should NOT try to run two different security suites at the same time, as they can actually "fight" each other and cause certain vulnerabilities

I think if you really love AVG then it's fine to stick with, but in my opinion Bitdefender is the superior product in regard to a higher accuracy rate and lower false-positive detections, as well as faster real-time surfing protection.

My opinions on security suites change with the times, as companies sometimes make great updates and sometimes horrible ones (there was a time when McAfee was good believe it not, and now look at the large number of people who run it and are often infected!)

Currently, after doing my research and also testing it out, I'd Bitdefender ranks in the top 5 PC security products in the world, so yeah I'd recommend you switch. Just remember to remove AVG first.

Using Bitdefender Total Security. Paying BD customer since 2012

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Tom,

I see that my colleagues from Customer Service already contacted you at the time you made this forum post.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you need more information.

Thank you!

• Hello Tom,

I see that my colleagues from Customer Service already contacted you at the time you made this forum post.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you need more information.

Thank you!

I have Bit Defender now.... :P:rolleyes:

• The AVG I have is just AVG PC tuneup :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi ttomm46,

Thank you for posting back. :)

There shouldn't be any compatibility issues between the Bitdefender product you are currently using and Tune-up software from the other company.

Have a great weekend!

• ffwfire
    edited April 2013
    Options

I think AVG Tune up is Tuneup Utilities 2013. I use Tuneup Utilities 2013 and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 without problems.

Edited to add: Norton blows. My isp offers Norton for free, but I got infected with Norton so I switched to Antivir then I got Bitdefender in a deal for 0.13 and am happy with it.

• Hi ttomm46,

Thank you for posting back. :)

There shouldn't be any compatibility issues between the Bitdefender product you are currently using and Tune-up software from the other company.

Have a great weekend!

you also

thank you

Tom