Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2013 Slow Loading Internet Pages Firefox

Options
aero
edited December 2012 in Update

Still looking / waiting for a solution to the slow loading pages via FireFox.

I bought 2013 3 weeks ago and not happy with performance. Good anti-virus though.

Pages take forever to load ..... 35 seconds Bit Defender on. Firewall off .... 1 second. Very irritating to switch to a product that's a dog. Installed on 2 computers . Both have SAME issue.

2. Also takes forever to download updates ... sometimes it checks for updates and just sits there for minutes, slowing everything down. I previously used Trend Micro Titanium. NEVER got a virus, never had any issues or download problems.

Comments

• Open Bitdefender and click on the small gear in upper right hand corner of the firewall tab. This opens your firewall settings. Now click on the advanced tab. Turn on intrusion detection and block port scans, leave all other settings off. Now adjust the slide to permissive. You may want to try a different browser just to see if that makes a difference. These settings should speed you up and keep you safe.

If you are running a slow computer without at least 4mb of ram this will also affect the speed as well as your internet connection speed. Type in speed test in your search engine and select a site that will test your internet connection speed. I'm running 50mbps and there is no lag. One of the reasons I use Bitdefender is because it is faster than most antivirus products and provides the best protection available. If your using a pc I recommend one that has at least 4mb of ram and an ICore 7 processor. You also need a minimum of 20mbps internet connection speed. Anything less would put me to sleep. LOL...With the complexities of the internet, instant messaging, home networking, etc. Bitdefender is far ahead of the completion.

• Open Bitdefender and click on the small gear in upper right hand corner of the firewall tab. This opens your firewall settings. Now click on the advanced tab. Turn on intrusion detection and block port scans, leave all other settings off. Now adjust the slide to permissive. You may want to try a different browser just to see if that makes a difference. These settings should speed you up and keep you safe.

If you are running a slow computer without at least 4mb of ram this will also affect the speed as well as your internet connection speed. Type in speed test in your search engine and select a site that will test your internet connection speed. I'm running 50mbps and there is no lag. One of the reasons I use Bitdefender is because it is faster than most antivirus products and provides the best protection available. If your using a pc I recommend one that has at least 4mb of ram and an ICore 7 processor. You also need a minimum of 20mbps internet connection speed. Anything less would put me to sleep. LOL...With the complexities of the internet, instant messaging, home networking, etc. Bitdefender is far ahead of the completion.

Hi:

I have 8 gigs of ram and a quad processor - and High Speed Internet ( I work at home and spend 8 hrs per day on the internet since 1998 - hardly a amateur) . All issues and problems started when I switched to Bitdefender. I've tested other browsers and Firefox seems to be the worst.

I'll try these settings and see what happens.

• Same problem here, ever since installed bit defender a few weeks ago firefox has slowed down massively and has got to the point now that it totally stops responding for short periods.

• I have this problem with Antivirus Plus 2013. I'm not to happy about it. I have 16mbps down internet, speedtest.net showing 2.0 mbps after bitdefender installation.

• mwm7824
    edited December 2012
    Options

Just a follow up...I've restarted my PC and it seems to fix the issue sort of. It does occur from time to time and I turned off checking for windows & application updates but that appears to be irrelevant.

I'm new to Bitdefender and I have been running it for just 2 days.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.