Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xbox360 Extender

The Firewall blocks my Xbox why would the Xbox not be listed in safe devices?

How do I remove it from the Firewall easily?

Comments

• It seems there is minimal support here, (5 days to answer simple requests if at all!!)

My experience, bitdefender cant detect xbox as a device for some reason, probably another bug!

You can get it to connect though, goto firewall -> network -> click on your network in Zones

the devices should be shown, the xbox will likely be like: 192.168.1.32 - Unknown-00-13-fa-76-41-29.lan

click on it & select allow

The only problems are

1. that your xbox IP could change next time you switch on

2. BD firewall forgets firewall settings on reboot!! Was supposed to be fixed with June update, but its not!! :blink:

• Unknown
    edited June 2011

Hello,

Sam234: No, the post was created TODAY, at 12:46 PM. The request may be simple however the info posted is incomplete. Before judging the level of support please read the forum rules ! Warned +10 for misleading other users. Moreover, you are posting wrong information. The IP of the XBOX will change from user to user.

The very basics information requested when starting a new topic are:

- Operating System;

- BitDefender product used;

- a screenshot or DETAILED explanation of the issue you encounter;

The original post meets NONE of the above !

2. The Firewall settings issue was resolved in a prior update. What product are you using ? Have you made the latest BitDefender updates ? Do you use a x86 or a x64 system architecture ?

Rossit1957: In what way the BitDefender Firewall is blocking the XBOX ? Please provide me with more details. Also a screenshot with any error message displayed. What are your Firewall Settings? Do you use a router to connect to the Internet ? What is your Internet connection type ? Do you use a proxy to connect to the Internet ?

Please provide me with all the missing information and you'll have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Kind regards,

• I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Bitdefender Total Security 2011

Windows Media Center while trying to activate the Extender and while having Xbox360 support person on the phone advised "Bitdefender Firewall blocking connection" on the PC screen. I disabled the Fire wall as we could not find anyway around the Firewall and the Media Center and Xbox now work.

Prior to installing Bitdefender Xbox streamed form both Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. It continued to stream after Bitdefender was installed but upon Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 being installed it stopped working on both.

Firewall settings are as out of the box, I have made no changes.

Yes my Xbox and PC connect via a ADSL Modem Router. I have had no problems prior to Service Pack 1 being installed.

Turning off the Bitdefender Fire Wall allows the Xbox to see my PC and more importantly Media Center.

Hope that is enough information. Would it not be worthwhile having a listing of known issues with external Media servers and NAS devices on your own home network?

Thanks

• Hello,

Would you agree with a remote session ? Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View. Go to the Firewall -> Devices while having the XBOX connected and let me know if you see it displayed in the devices list. If you do, please add it to be allowed and test to see if the issue still occurs with the Firewall on.

Kind regards,

• If I can verify whom I am dealing with yes I would permit a remote session. Not sure how we would organise it you took 8 days to respond to my last post.

So far my experience with BitDefender has been terrible, first I couldn't get it licensed as you have some problem with your online authorization system and that took 48 hours to gain a response. I have all the emails to backup that statement.

I had to go to Xbox themselves to get my Media streaming working again as there was no answers from BitDefender.

I've checked the Firewall, devices under expert view and the Xbox is not identified, there is no way to 'Browse"network so I put in the IP numbers. Probably a good thing I'm an electrical engineer. www.jhaengineers.com

I believe going from my experience just trying to activate the software, your aggressive post to another member and what seems to be a poorly thought out system to enable NAS and Media servers. I think it best I remove BitDefender and return to Kapersky which provided me nil problems other than an annoying update file corruption.

Sorry but your software and company service is really 3/10.

• Hello,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

• Fall into similar scenario but appear to be Windows firewall blocking. Now to over come this situation, disabling and re-enabling works for me.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I am glad to hear that.

Also, as the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• Hello :)

I am glad to hear that.

Also, as the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

After having similar problems as described here with firewall blocking XBOX 360 media center ( using Kaspersky Internet Security ) I searched for a new security software provider. I am happy to report that after intalling Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 my problems have disappeared.

( FYI - I had initially set Paraniod mode to "on", however I had to turn this off before the PC would find the XBOX on my local wired network )

Thank you Bitdefender team!

• Hello :)

We are glad to hear that.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.