Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Is 2013 Vsserv.exe Cpu Consumption

Options

Hello BD-Team!

I use BD since many years and in general I am satisfied with your products.

I did not find a corresponding topic here in the BD 2013 forum belongig to my questions so i open up a new topic.

A few days ago I upgraded from IS 2011 to IS 2013 hoping, that the high CPU consumption of vsserv.exe will be now reduced. In IS2011 serveral times a day the CPU consumption raised up to 50%, somtimes more than 80% (Numbers from Windows Task Manager).

Sadly with IS2013 the situation is even worse. Now vsserv.exe uses permanently 45 to 60% of CPU power. This also happens when i turn off all modules (Antivirus, Privacy, Firewall, ...) for testing purpose. It is unfortunately not possible to me to work in this way, the cursor always changes to the hourglass again and again. This is very annoying when I'm working with Word or Excel or when I'm writing Mails!

So here are my Questions hoping you can give me answers and solutions:

1) what is vsserv.exe really doing?

2) vsserv.exe is using 50% CPU even when all modules are turned off, so the modules do not need vsserv.exe. How can i turn off this exe and just run the modules?

3) where can I find the much needed button "Complete Stop BitDefender" ? When I am working without Internet, i want to stop running BD at all with only one Button, as it was provided in earlier versions! I found nothing about that in the manual. If there is no such Button, than this is the MOST WANTED FEATURE!!!

Info to Products:

BitDefender: IS 2013, 16.22.0.1534

User-rights: On Win XP I have to work whith administrativ rights following a recommendation of your support-team two years ago. Otherwise the BD Anti-Spam Module in Thunderbird could not save configurations and Spammer- or Friends-List.

Workstation: Lenovo Notebook with Intel Core2 Duo CPU T9550, 2.66GHz

Please tell me if you need more Information.

Sorry for the large text but a solution is really important for me.

Thanks in advance

ray

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.23.0.1637(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=162888

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.

• Hi,

I had installed BD internet security 2013 a few months ago and my computer has been crashing randomly ever since. Sometimes while i am using word or excel all of a sudden the computer just freezes for at least 10minutes and sometimes it doesn't respond for upto 20min or more. If its any longer I have to manually switch my computer off resulting to me loosing my work. This is a very very big problem and if its not fixed I would like my money back. I luckily managed to get in the the task manager window just after the computer had frozen and saw VSSERV.exe hogging 100% of the cpu usage.

How can i fix this problem because its just a massive nuisance and has led to me loosing quite alot of work.

Thank you,

Jaf

• Hello- I suggest you do a search on vsserv on the forum. You will see 10 threads where others are having this issue. There are many more threads that go back to 2011 version. Looks like there is no fix. Christian at BD is usually the only one to comment and it boils up to downloading the latest update. Probably what engineers and code developers are telling him. My guess is they somehow can't reproduce the issue or don't have the right people on it, or don't care. I have done the update and it's not fixed. My time will be spent on uninstalling very soon and switching products. Just wanted you to know this from the start.

• curious if this fixed the issue with vsserv. I am guessing not. I was told the same thing (download new version) still vsserv taking 90-100 of cpu

• curious if this fixed the issue with vsserv. I am guessing not. I was told the same thing (download new version) still vsserv taking 90-100 of cpu

Here is my CPU and Memory usage for BitDefender Windows 8 Security on Windows 8.

post-125519-1357668475_thumb.png

• Rampant
    Options

Vsserv.exe this core service, I can not see it from you.

• Vsserv.exe this core service, I can not see it from you.

BitDefender Security Service is vsserv.exe

• columbo
    Options
    Here is my CPU and Memory usage for BitDefender Windows 8 Security on Windows 8.

post-125519-1357668475_thumb.png

I know it may not help, Ray, but just to confirm as with indie:

bdsystemresources.jpg

Regards :)

• Hello- I suggest you do a search on vsserv on the forum. You will see 10 threads where others are having this issue. There are many more threads that go back to 2011 version. Looks like there is no fix. Christian at BD is usually the only one to comment and it boils up to downloading the latest update. Probably what engineers and code developers are telling him. My guess is they somehow can't reproduce the issue or don't have the right people on it, or don't care. I have done the update and it's not fixed. My time will be spent on uninstalling very soon and switching products. Just wanted you to know this from the start.

Although it took 45 days to find this answer, thank you!! What a massive, over-burdening system. Not conducive to any business environment that expects to be productive!

• Windows 8 32-bit, Samsung SSD 830, installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, cpu load 50 % (one core of dual core at 100% with Vsserv.exe), all Performance of PC was gone! --> Deinstalled, ... fine!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Please tell me if this issue persists with the latest build version 16.28.0.1789

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

If it does, please post here a support tool log by following these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Have a great week!