Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Nero virus?

Options

Bitdefender found "Cusers/Bruce/appdata/local/temp/nerodemo12065/toolbar.exe" I am running Nero for my burning software. Is this a virus or part of my nero?. Bitdefender moved the file. Bruce

Comments

• khufu
    edited April 2007
    Options

It could be a false positive. You can try to scan the file online here: www.virustotal.com or you can attach the file here, and the support team from BD Lab will take a look.

• vlad
    Options

Please attach the file to a new post.

• Niels
    Options

The trial also includes the ask.com toolbar. But it's up to you to install it or not. The ask.com isn't a real threat because it isn't installed without the user notice.

• I just finished scanning, and got the same hit. I installed Nero 7 a couple days ago on my newly installed Vista Home Premium. It is the full, paid version (not trial)...and I did uncheck the ask.com Toolbar. I've already sent the file to BD labs from the Quarantine tab interface.

I would attach the file here, but I just checked the quarantine folder in BD directory, and it's empty. :rolleyes: So apparently the file was sent. sorry.

• KaGeBo
    edited December 2007
    Options

Has anybody a solution? I have Exactly the same problem with nero and i deinstall nero7, i install again without AskSearchBar, i tryed nero8. The same <edited>. Nero says on the website that BitDefender is too aggressiv. AskSearchBar is no Virus. Does´nt matter, because the Bar is not installed, and the Directory "C\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\Nero\.... is allredy deleted two weeks ago. It is no existing!!! Nero tell me that INSIDE this Directory is a Virus. How can be a virus inside a Directory that no longer exist???

• s4u
    Options

try running regsuprme and or Ccleaner and try a new scan again. let's see what happens