Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2008 Registration Problems

Options
blackdog
edited December 2007 in General talk

Hi folks,

I have registered BDIS 2008 on my desktop PC with a BDIS 10 OEM license, which I believe is OK to do. I also believed that the BDIS 10 OEM license was for 2 years, and for 2 computers, but I have installed BDIS 2008 on my Vista laptop, and used the BDIS 10 OEM key again, which appears to be accepted, but each time I restart my laptop, the BD registration process appears, even though the license key is confirmed within it. I have registered under my originally registered account, and also under a new account, but still I keep getting the registration screens at start up. What am I doing wrong? If the key I am using isn't for two computers, I do have another BDIS 10 OEM key, but how do I switch the registration key?

Thanks for any help!

Simon.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Black Dog

Try this press the windows button together with r type msconfig press enter go to the startup tab and see if you find an entry called bdwizreg.exe uncheck it.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear Black Dog

Try this press the windows button together with r type msconfig press enter go to the startup tab and see if you find an entry called bdwizreg.exe uncheck it.

Best regards

Niels

That seems to have sorted it, thanks Niels.

The only thing now is, with all the messing about trying to register it, and thinking it hadn't been registered, I've used two license keys when I only needed to use one. The second one still appears in my BD account. Will this just remain there until I get to use it in 2 years, or have I lost it now? If it's been activated, is there any way BD would give me a replacement key for the one that's not going to be used?

Thanks again for your help!

Simon.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Simon,

Please contact LiveAssistance (Customer Service) about this question. They are the ones that can answer for sure.

Cris.

• blackdog
    edited December 2007
    Options
    Hello Simon,

Please contact LiveAssistance (Customer Service) about this question. They are the ones that can answer for sure.

Cris.

Hi Cris,

I have done as you advised, and they are sending my request to the Sales dept.

Many thanks,

Simon.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Black Dog

Glad that I could help you.

Best regards

Niels

• The Sales team have come back to me, and said that the second key hasn't been activated, so is still 'as new'.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2007
    Options

You're welcome, Simon.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to post. :)

Cris.

• I have, and I have! :)