Anyone Know A Way To Setup Bd 2011 On Win8 ?

Hi all

Anyone Know a way to setup bd 2011 on win8 ???

thanks

Comments

• Hi all

Anyone Know a way to setup bd 2011 on win8 ???

thanks

You will not be able to successfully install BD2011 on Windows 8. It is an older version which is not compatible with Windows 8. You can install any of the 2013 products though.

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭

Hello Adel!

Please take a look at this: http://www.bitdefender.com/PremiumServices-Chat/ , maybe they can help you.

I agree with BigProblem, keys from old solutions are accepted in the new versions.

Have a nice day!

//sorry my bad english

• Incompatibility may be due to technical reasons and not because of keys.

• Incompatibility may be due to technical reasons and not because of keys.

Exactly, 2011 may not be set up to handle Windows 8. Talk to the Support folks.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@Adel92: I see your license key is actually valid for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 (122 days left).

You can use Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on your Windows 8 (it's fully compatible) or you can download Bitdefender Windows 8 Security from here and activate it with the same license key.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you!

• @Adel92: I see your license key is actually valid for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 (122 days left).

You can use Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on your Windows 8 (it's fully compatible) or you can download Bitdefender Windows 8 Security from here and activate it with the same license key.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you!

I have a related question.

It is useful to know that IS Security 2013 is compatible with Windows 8, thanks.

I would prefer to get BD Windows 8 Security as my license.

However, I have multiple PCs to protect, and only one of them runs Windows 8 (newest laptop)..

The other 2 (desktop and an older laptop) run Windows 7.

I see the standard licenses can be bought to protect 3 PCs, great.

But will Windows 8 Security work on win 7 machines? Presumably not.

If I get Security 2013 it presumably works on all 3, check, but I miss features of BD Win 8 Security.

I may be deeply confused how you intend your licenses to work, but that's my issue.

I want your latest Win 8 features for one machine, and your Win 7 compatible features for 2 others.

What am I supposed to purchase and install, etc?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi JasonC,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forum! :)

You can buy Bitdefender Windows 8 Security (for 3 PCs) and install it on Windows 8.

Now, since the same key also works to activate Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, you can install this program on your Windows 7 computers.

So, with the same key you will have Bitdefender Windows 8 Security on Windows 8 and Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on the other Windows based PCs.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.