Auotplay Fix

I recently purchased Bitdefender 2013 and since then autoplay hasn't worked ! Could someone please list all the fixes that may help.

Comments

• I recently purchased Bitdefender 2013 and since then autoplay hasn't worked ! Could someone please list all the fixes that may help.

Since I don't know what version of Windows you have, can you check your settings in Start->Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Autoplay and let us know what your settings are there?

Also have you performed an update after installation of BD2013?

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

Hi jackie,

I don't know if you are speaking of autorun or autoplay. There is a difference.

There is a setting in Bitdefender's gui that disables autorun. You might try turning it off to see if it helps.

Please see attachment.

post-63102-1359070653_thumb.png

• Hi jackie,

I don't know if you are speaking of autorun or autoplay. There is a difference.

There is a setting in Bitdefender's gui that disables autorun. You might try turning it off to see if it helps.

Please see attachment.

Good catch.

• Thanks for the replies. I am running windows 7 Ultimate, Service pack 1, 32 bit. I have all the Autoplay settings to "ask me everytime" and have the "use Autoplay for all media and devices"ticked and I also have turned the media autorun in the BD gui to off. But still cant get auto play to work when I attach a camera or insert a disc

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ jackie.rd: Does the issue persist with the latest build version 16.29.0.1830?

(right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Looking forward to your response.