Question About This Forum And My Controls Features

I've noticed that if I log in to the forum here and click the My Controls link , there are a lot of features that tell me the following:

You are not allowed to use this part of the board

This happens when I click:

. Edit Profile Information

. Edit 'About Me' page

. Edit Signature

. Edit Avatar Settings

. Change Personal Photo

What's the problem?

Thanks for any replies,

AnotherDave

Using Bitdefender Total Security. Paying BD customer since 2012

Comments

• Hey, Dave :)

If you're still out there, I just was looking at past threads and found yours. After 20 posts, all those features will be in play.

:)

Columbo

• Hey, Dave :)

If you're still out there, I just was looking at past threads and found yours. After 20 posts, all those features will be in play.

:)

Columbo

Many thanks for answering / pointing this out!

• You're welcome AnotherDave. Thanks for posting back :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to create another topic.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to create another topic.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks Christian. I'm going to respond in this thread a couple times, since my current concern / issue is right "on topic" with my original post that I started this thread with.

• I guess my first question would be, as a PAYING user of BitDefender, why would I need to make 20 posts in order to access crucial / sensitive information in my own profile here on the forum?

I would think that such heavy restrictions would only be imposed on "Free" version users, or other visitors who have not yet purchased license(s).

• Also, doesn't it seem a little odd that I posted this thread with the original question on December 10th 2012, and nobody from BitDefender bothered to respond until after another forum "user / customer" responded almost a month later on January 3rd?

• And yes I am posting these replies here as "snippets" instead of all in one single reply, in order to boost my post count so that I can access features that a paying customer SHOULD ALREADY have access to ;)

• I mean no harm / no offense by bringing up these questions or this topic. I simply want to have full control of my account here, since I'm trying to rule-out my forum membership here as a possible source of the sudden influx of spam I've begun receiving since I started posting on the board. Please don't take my comments as negative or anything personal at all.

• I'm boosting my post count here so as not to water-down anyone else's threads or other more important topics. Something a paying customer should not have to resort to.

• I'd like to make the suggestion to BitDefender that an adjustment be made to the forum settings, so that there is a way for the forum to detect (or some other means) when a paid license owner is posting, as opposed to someone just dropping by to join discussions or other general purposes.

• If anyone from BitDefender is reading this, perhaps that last suggestion could be acknowledged. ;)

• somu
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to make the suggestion to BitDefender that an adjustment be made to the forum settings, so that there is a way for the forum to detect (or some other means) when a paid license owner is posting, as opposed to someone just dropping by to join discussions or other general purposes.

I am agree to this comment. Genuine buyers questions should be resolved in priority basis, Moderators from bit defenders support team or some senior members of users who can give solution should address quarries asked by genuine buyers of bitdefender.

• Thanks for your comment somu.

I realize that it's not very practical for BitDefender to try to offer direct support through these forums, but at the same time a query from a paid-license user on here should not sit ignored for almost a month until another user replies (and then suddenly a BD rep jumps in after the fact).

I don't expect immediate direct attention from a BD staff member to threads, but to have a thread like this about our very own access controls sit unanswered for so long until a caring fellow forum member posts a reply first seems a bit counter-productive.

I'm guessing you're a paid license owner too, so feel free to reply here in my thread to get your post count up to 20. It's not "abuse" of the service or forum statutes. It's a matter of a paying customer being denied access to important features without having to jump through hoops.

If BD can't commit to answering licensed owner questions here, then I think they should re-consider the "20 post count" policy for us to access all features. That kind of practice is something I expect from a "take your money and run" company, not a company with a reputable product such as BitDefender.

What do you think?

• Yes i an a genuine buyer of bitdefendar brought yesterday. Its very bad feature for a gunin buyer to post 20 post to unlock all features of the forum. I myself running a forum and and webmaster. So from my experience of running mid sized forum i can say its 20 post for unlock all feature is very tough for new a new buyer. Many people i don't know about other country but here in India many don't even know how to post and reply in forums lilke phpbb, vbullitine and this one IP board .

So by any means they post one or 2 after a long practice how to post its not possible for them to take part and post 20 messages to unlock all features. It should bring down to 3 maximum.

:wacko: i am got wired till now only 19 post with this one still one more to achieve 20 lol

• I guess my first question would be, as a PAYING user of BitDefender, why would I need to make 20 posts in order to access crucial / sensitive information in my own profile here on the forum?

I would think that such heavy restrictions would only be imposed on "Free" version users, or other visitors who have not yet purchased license(s).

In a way I agree with you, and in a way I don't...lol, make up my mind. The part of linking a paying user to have full access of all their controls sounds good, yet, I have no problem that it takes 20 posts. We do have paying customers here that do spam this forum with their grievances, so less controls for awhile, is fine with me.

I find nothing that would be to critical for me to tweak in My Controls, for as a new member it's usually more of, "how do I..." issues that are brought up by a new (paying) user, and not, "I don't have full control of my user controls, and now my Bitdefender security isn't working" (I don't mean for it to sound sarcastic).

There was talk of forum changes being made here but that has not happened yet. So you could still post this request in the Feature Request forum, and see if Christian decides it needs to be changed before the new forum update.

Just a thread for your consideration :)http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/3...h-auto-promote/