Auto-renewal Issue (another One)

MaAngeles
edited January 2013 in General

It seems that a lot of people have the same problem as me, well the point as everyone states is that i wasn't even warned that i was going to get billed for a product that i didn't even liked due the lack of support, i purchased Bitdefender last year to test it, but i wasn't aware that purchasing the AV was the same thing as accepting an auto-renewal service that is not even explicit mentioned on any part of their site, so i decided to call and ask for a refund because i don't think its something so difficult to do since it was charged yesterday, so here i am 2 hours trying to reach the person who was able to do it, but nothing just a lot of nonsense, offering help of how to install it, etc. the problem was that i lost a lot of time just to end up in the same situation without my refund and with a head ache, the main reason of why they couldn't help me was because i was polite and patient, so i thought because of that, maybe they thought i was joking about asking for a refund, they also offered kind of a bonus to keep it, but i was not going to give them any info at that point by phone because later (after reading another threads) I've learned that they tend to "double charge".

So i was wondering if there is actually someone from customer support that really could help or if anyone knows a better way of contact them?, without starting a dispute with my bank (if i do that they surely will try to reach me to know what happened)

Comments

• Hello Maria de los Angeles,

Maybe you already took these steps, but did you also sent an email ticket to Contact Customer Care. That worked for me. On friday 25 January i sent them an ticket and they responded the same day. Today i recieved an email from Avangate that the total amount has been refunded.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Maria,

I see that your order ID #15233975 has been refunded since 2013/01/29.

For more information about the auto-renewal please read: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=177727

We are here for you should you require further assistance.

Have a nice day! :)