Bitdefender 2011 Bdfsfltr Error

File System Filter bdfsfltr (Version 6.1, 2010-06-25T15:41:26.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume \Device\CdRom1 :blink:

...happens every time when I boot up my machine: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, fresh install of the system and the Bitdefender 2011 Total Security.

Those are not errors, but it is slowing down the bootup while spamming the event log.... see attached file.

Any solutions?

post-37193-1285282888_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

• I see similar entries in my event viewer, but not in the numbers you are seeing. For instance, yesterday there were only 3 recorded for the whole day.

Just sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong. ;)

• That error is received when you enter a new CD into the CD-Rom and the Bitdefender is trying to scan it. The bdfsfltr driver is associated with the Real Time Protection module. That's the reason why you see that notification, because you do not perform the scan.

However I can assure you that seeing those notification does not mean BitDefender is not working correctly.

• I see similar entries in my event viewer, but not in the numbers you are seeing. For instance, yesterday there were only 3 recorded for the whole day.

Just sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong. ;)

lol well I also usually get 3-6 such warnings a day, but sometimes it just freaks out and I get spaming warnings like a above :blink:

• That error is received when you enter a new CD into the CD-Rom and the Bitdefender is trying to scan it. The bdfsfltr driver is associated with the Real Time Protection module. That's the reason why you see that notification, because you do not perform the scan.

However I can assure you that seeing those notification does not mean BitDefender is not working correctly.

Hello Daniel, well I know that it is working perfectly... but I still do not understand, why it is trying to scan EMPTY drives? I turned off the device scan in the options, look at the attachment... and it improved but I still get these warnings....so how do I turn that off? thats the question...

post-37193-1285625632_thumb.jpg

• still unsolved...

• Hi,

The notification 'File System Filter bdfsfltr (Version 6.1, 2010-06-25T15:41:26.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume \Device\CdRom1' is normal to be seen in the Event Log. Each time the PC is starting the driver bdfsfltr is trying to take full permissions on all drives it detects under My Computer.

The screenshot you posted is about the pop-up displayed each time a new device is inserted into the USB port or a new CD inserted into the CD-ROM drive asking you if you wish to scan or not that device. It is not related to the Event Viewer notifications.

If there is anything else I may help you with please let me know.

Regards,

• Hi,

The notification 'File System Filter bdfsfltr (Version 6.1, 2010-06-25T15:41:26.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume \Device\CdRom1' is normal to be seen in the Event Log. Each time the PC is starting the driver bdfsfltr is trying to take full permissions on all drives it detects under My Computer.

The screenshot you posted is about the pop-up displayed each time a new device is inserted into the USB port or a new CD inserted into the CD-ROM drive asking you if you wish to scan or not that device. It is not related to the Event Viewer notifications.

If there is anything else I may help you with please let me know.

Regards,

Daniel, but the drives are empty and I did not insert anything inside..... I mean even if you do a reboot, with empty drives...why it is trying to access them? I do not see any sense in doing it... so am asking is there a possibility to turn this feature off?

• Alia24
    edited November 2010

only had bitdefender 2011 for 1 day and now im getting the same errors

no one seems to have a clue when you call.

I never have errors in my event viewer, so when these started to pop up I tried to search the fix, I have not inserted any disk or usb into anything so these errors are because the driver scanning as stated above, then how do we fix it because bitdefender 2008 2009 2010 never had a problem like this

I wish there could be a fix for this issue seems like this thread is unsolved

• Hi All,

same problem 'bdfsfltr' !!! from 01.12.2010

File System Filter 'bdfsfltr' (Version 6.1, ‎2010‎-‎06‎-‎25T15:37:20.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\CdRom1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xc0000013. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

till 07-12-2010 intreval of 5 sec??????

File System Filter 'bdfsfltr' (Version 6.1, ‎2010‎-‎06‎-‎25T15:37:20.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\CdRom1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xc0000013. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

• Unknown
    edited December 2010

Hello again,

DownJones: you can disable the scanning for USB devices / CD-Rom drives from:

- open BitDefender security center in Expert View;

- go to Antivirus tab;

- go to Virus Scan tab;

- right click on the "Device Scanning" under Misc Tasks;

- select Properties;

- in the new window go to Detection tab;

- uncheck the devices that you do not wish to scan when a new media is inserted.

The message mentioned by Tombeto (twice) is a notification in Windows Event Viewer. It does NOT mean that you have an issue with bdfsfltr.

• Hello again,

- go to Antivirus tab;

- go to Virus Scan tab;

- select Properties;

- uncheck the devices that you do not wish to scan when a new media is inserted.

The message mentioned by Tombeto (twice) is a notification in Windows Event Viewer. It does NOT mean that you have an issue with bdfsfltr.

Thank you man!

• Hello again,

- go to Antivirus tab;

- go to Virus Scan tab;

- select Properties;

Hello there.

I've followed these instructions, yet I am still receiving these annoying errors.

Please advise.

• Hi,

What errors are you referring to Jpmad4it ? Please provide me with more details including a screenshot of the error messages you receive.

Regards,

• Hi,

What errors are you referring to Jpmad4it ? Please provide me with more details including a screenshot of the error messages you receive.

Regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I am receiving the warning (not a notification) in my event viewer logs:

'File System Filter bdfsfltr (Version 6.1, 2010-06-25T15:41:26.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume \Device\CdRom1'

I have done the following to disable the scanning for USB devices / CD-Rom drives, but I still receive the warnings with Device Scanning disabled:

- go to Antivirus tab;

- go to Virus Scan tab;

- select Properties;

I will get a screenshot attached when I get to my PC at home.

• Hello,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. Actually this issue is not affecting the functionality of your computer and BitDefender. A BitDefender driver (which is used for scanning files) is attaching to a device driver like CD's/DVD's/USB Storage and after you eject the device, the driver will still try to monitor it.

Regards,

• Hello,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. Actually this issue is not affecting the functionality of your computer and BitDefender. A BitDefender driver (which is used for scanning files) is attaching to a device driver like CD's/DVD's/USB Storage and after you eject the device, the driver will still try to monitor it.

Regards,

Thanks.

Yes but I have instructed Bitdefender NOT to scan my drives.

Here are my screenshots, as you can see this warning occurs many times:

post-43403-1298403986_thumb.jpg

post-43403-1298404022_thumb.jpg

• Hallo,

I know this topic is quite old, but at the company I work in we decided to stick to BD2011.

We recently updated one PC from WinXPsp3 to Win7 and are still having the same problem with the Bdfsfltr driver here described.

Should I understand the problem has NOT been fixed yet?

Best regards

filippo

• Hello :)

Please read this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=105774

and make sure you have the latest product update installed.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Please read this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=105774

and make sure you have the latest product update installed.

Take care.

Hallo Cristian,

thank you for your reply,

Yes I update the product every day (but as I said our company need to stick to the 2011 version) and... yes, I already read that topic, but -exactly as jpmad4it said- I had already told Bitdefender Total Security 2011 NOT TO scan my BD/DVD drives.

The problems are that:

1- Bitdefender seems to ignore my setting and tries to scan the 2x drives (failing)

2- I have 2x new error messages (2x drives) EVERY 5 SECONDS

By now I have 50.221 error messages in Windows' SYSTEM log.

In February 2011 DanyDan was writing you were working for a fix... how can I have it?

Thank you for you attention and reply

filippo

• He was introduced from jail, but I think he is significantly reduced sentence in chea.p RS Gold.

Real people nowadays in jail, following all, not much, but I do gives me a wide range of people nowadays are just contrary to my buddy, definitely do not go to jail baffled shut himself in opinions developed jail, refused to self-commutation, self-pardon and self- chea.p Runescape Gold.

And readmore :Diablo 3 Gold

This discussion has been closed.