Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My Credit Card Has Been Charged Without My Consent!

Options
Hartassen
edited January 2013 in General

I received an email on the 28th of janury stating:

Dear xxx,

Your payment for your online order placed on

http://www.bitdefender.com on 2013-01-28 23:16:44 has been approved

(order reference number: 15214669).

I was asleep at this time and I don't check my email every day considering how much spam ends up there. I log onto my bank on the 30th and see that you have billed me 60 euros without me confirming that I wanted any kind of product renewal!!!

I then contact customer support only to hear that you ENABLE by default some kind of auto renewal that I never heard of or was told of. How can I turn off something I never knew existed!?!? I'm a poor student and you are cutting into my food budget with this payment I didn't authorize!

I don't want your new product, I have uninstalled bitdefender because it was running out and I don't have the money to pay for it!!! I haven't used any of the license keys you sent me. When contacting avantgate customer support about this all I got was some nonsense about how they could help me with my software problems, not even acknowledging that I wrote refund several times in my responses.

I want a refund for the money you charged me and I want to be removed from this auto renewal list.

Please help.

Comments

• firozanazreen
    Options

Hello Hartassen,

Sorry to hear about Avangate and how they handle this problem. I had this same problem almost a week ago. The first thing that i did was go to their website (made an account) and turned off the auto renewal option. Then i sent a refund ticket to Costumer service . The responded the same day and a few days later i got my money back!

By the way, i got my advise from this person: rwilsond

I hope this helps

• Hartassen
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hello Hartassen,

Sorry to hear about Avangate and how they handle this problem. I had this same problem almost a week ago. The first thing that i did was go to their website (made an account) and turned off the auto renewal option. Then i sent a refund ticket to Costumer service . The responded the same day and a few days later i got my money back!

By the way, i got my advise from this person: rwilsond

I hope this helps

I have found the avantgate website and removed the auto-renewal. I never even knew this website existed!!! I also sent bitdefender a ticket at the webpage you linked me.

Thank you for the help. I just hope it works.

Edit: It seems I already sent a ticket before, that I forgot. I got a response saying that my money will be refunded within 7 business days. I sincerely hope this is true, and if it is then bitdefender has just regained my faith as a customer friendly service and I will strongly consider buying their product again when I can afford it.