Bitdefender Is Slow

Bitdefender 2008 is slower then V10 interface. when i right click on the icon it takes about 10 seconds for the menu to show up. and when I click settings fom the main window it again takes 15 seconds for the option to come up. All the tabs loads very slowly, one by one, Antivirus then Firewall then Antispam...........

And most of the time firewall is disabled and I have to restart my computer every time.

Comments

• Actually, you don't have to restart the computer. The bitdefender 2008 need more resources then bitdefender v10. It needs more to start up all the services and funtions. For my case, the window always alert me about the BD firewall is disabled while I start the computer. However, the window alert will close soon and the BD firewall is enabled while I check it later.

If it is really disabled, try start it in the Administrative Tools --> Services .

Alex.

• Dear Saud Iqbal

You are right about that everyone have the slow load but that only happens when you try to open the settings for the first time. I will report this.

To restart the firewall driver you have to go to device manager but first try to restart the BitDefender communicator service. You can get easier to services by pressing the windows button together with r and type services.msc press enter. Left click on BitDefender communicator service and press restart. To get in device manager press again win+r but type now devmgmt.msc press enter .Go to view (display) menu and select show hidden devices,now expand non plug and play compatible drivers you will see an entry called bdftdif double click on it and click on enable go to the driver tab click on start if not started press on ok to confirm.

Best regards

Niels

• Where i can download V10 instead of Bitdefender 2008, and is it same in function like virus detection.

• Dear Saud Iqbal

It could be that your licence key doesn't work if you bought a 2008 key. The signatures are the same but the 2008 version has better cleaning abilities then the previous versions.

BitDefender Internet Security 10

BitDefender Antivirus 10

That are the links to the English versions.

Best regards

Niels