Anti-phishing

Howdy bitdefender team :unsure:

Since reinstalling xp I have noticed that the anti-phishing from bitdefender is absent from ie-7. I have tried unsuccesfully by removing and rechecking the box in privacy control. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ie-7 with no luck. Its not a major concern for me but more a curiosity. It may be something new with explorer. If you find anything please reply.

Thanks Earl

Comments

• Howdy bitdefender team :unsure:

Since reinstalling xp I have noticed that the anti-phishing from bitdefender is absent from ie-7. I have tried unsuccesfully by removing and rechecking the box in privacy control. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ie-7 with no luck. Its not a major concern for me but more a curiosity. It may be something new with explorer. If you find anything please reply.

Thanks Earl

Earl, Click on View on the ie toolbar and go to BitDefender toolbar and put a check next to it. That should solve your problem. Logan
  • Dear earl,

If that still fails go to tools,manage add-ins,enable/disable add-ins,BitDefender Toolbar should be enabled.

Finally try this go to start,run,type regsvr32 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender2008\IEToolbar.dll

press enter. Change C by the the letter of your hard disc or partition where windows or BitDefender is installed on.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear earl,

If that still fails go to tools,manage add-ins,enable/disable add-ins,BitDefender Toolbar should be enabled.

Finally try this go to start,run,type regsvr32 C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender2008\IEToolbar.dll

press enter. Change C by the the letter of your hard disc or partition where windows or BitDefender is installed on.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks for the quick response everyone. Still no luck, tried all your suggestions. I'll keep working on it. Earl

• Dear earl,

Try this also go to start,run,type:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender2008\IEShow.exe /REGSERVER press enter.

Can you please verify if IEShow is one of your start up items? To do that go to start,run,type msconfig press enter press now on the startup tab normally you must find an entry called IEShow that is also necessary for loading the antiphising protection. If not please download the attachment extract it with winzip or with the built-in extractor of windows xp or vista. Double click on it and confirm the message for placing it in the windows registry. Reboot your pc. Go back to the start up tab in msconfig and see if IEShow is checked.

Best regards

Niels

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1202" data-fileid="1202" rel="">IEShow.zip