Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does This Forum Actually Have A Purpose

Options

I have been looking at a lot of BD forum posts and it appears there isnt much in the way of help happening here.

Is this actually a help site, or, as suggested by others is it merely a good place to talk about the weather etc?

We have a change in our computers behavior, it consistently loads and then reloads login screens and with respect to functions like clicking the middle of a video image (like Utube) to play/pause we now usually require 2 mouse clicks to get a response.

Perhaps we are overly cautious (paranoid), but how would we know?

This is why, in the hope of generating some input, we recently posted the following question

HI.

Just checking with people who have the knowledge :-).

We have Vista Ultimate and BD Total Security Build 16.26.0.1739.

We have noticed a pattern of some net pages loading and after a fraction of a second they reload (we use Firefox). This is relatively new (since about mid December 2012) and does not happen with all net pages, however it does occur constantly whenever we load a login window like email accounts, forum logins etc.

We use Safepay when accessing secure financial login net pages and haven't seen the refresh problem with those pages. However we have only used Safepay a couple of times since we noticed the page refreshing issue in Firefox.

So, what to do, is this kind of window reloading common, that is, are we being overly cautious (Paranoid:-))?

Regards.

Comments

• Hello fredsone,

I agree with your opinion that this forum does not have the desired quality and I think BD has to do a lot of work to enhance support quality. See my thread 'Does BD Support really work?'.

It seems they did not yet recognize that a forum like this should be used as a knowledge base AND to really help customers. To be in close contact with customers should always be a main objective of any IT-company, especially then they work in the area of security.

To your problem:

Well - I'm not a man with much BD expeience, but I would like to suggest the following.

Please check if you have installed the latest Javascript version.

Not sure, but maybe it helps. Good luck!

Greets.

• Hi Porsche

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look at the java version.

Did you see the answer to our other post (1 Feb 2013), somewhat pointed but funny

• In an attempt to clarify my post here is an update.

I posted my current question because some time ago I read that internet villains were accessing our private stuff by hijacking many of our login screens. Apparently they would collect our login details and then use the collected information for whatever it is they do with such things. I am not sure how they did it or if this was a widespread issue but since it is principally our login screens which are consistently reloading I thought I would check here... Silly me :-)

Perhaps I should send BD an email lol lol lol and then they could put on their best smile and tell me how to purchase the product I already have.

Take care