Web Socket Traffic Gets Blocked

Bitdefender 2012 blocks all Web Socket traffic.

Please try the following page in Chrome:

http://websocket.org/echo.html

(I tried Chrome 14.0.835.202)

This is certainly not correct behavior since Web Socket is part of HTML 5 and valid traffic.

Using Web Sockets over SSL can mitigate the problem if "Scan SSL" is turned off, but once turned on it filters traffic again.

Also worth noting is that even when everything is turned off in Bitdefender (firewall, anti-virus etc), it will still filter Web Socket traffic.

Comments

• cgbystrom
    edited October 2011

There's also an extensive test of different of personal anti-virus/firewall software that mentions Bitdefenders problems available here:

LINK

• Any news on this?

• Hello everyone.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Thank you.

• Hello everyone.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Thank you.

I have disabled Phishing in an effort to get 1Password to communicate with the 1Password plugin in firefox. I was directed to this thread by tech support at 1Password. So far, it has not allowed communication between the 2, my support ticket is going without response from bitdefender, and unchecking and restarting leaves bit defender with a bid red angry X instead of a happy green check mark. Has there been any progress on making this work correctly since this thread started, or should i just return bitdefender for a refund and get a new AV software? For me, 1Password is an essential tool.