Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Not Downloading Or Installing

Options
columbo
columbo
edited February 2013 in Update

Since about 6:30 AM this morning, CST, Bitdefender shows an update file size, but will not actually download and install the update.

I tried the other update mirror, (restarting my PC just to be sure) and that address is hanging too. It does show that the file size is getting bigger, just not downloading and installing.

post-4566-1360176092_thumb.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?

Christian, I would have piggy backed this post on this thread, but since that one was started on Jan. 19th, thought to start a new one.

edit: this is happening on all my Bitdefender PCs, including BD W8. Must be a server issue, as everything else is able to update?

Comments

• Same here

Windows 8 64 bit

and

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security

• I have exactly the same problem. It started today at noon a nd is still "downloading" the indicator is turning on the widget but nothing is happening. There is no internet activity showing. File size is 4998.1.

using BD IS 2013

windows vista sp2

32 bit

"Wots going on?"

• ozziebear
    Options
    Since about 6:30 AM this morning, CST, Bitdefender shows an update file size, but will not actually download and install the update.

I tried the other update mirror, (restarting my PC just to be sure) and that address is hanging too. It does show that the file size is getting bigger, just not downloading and installing.

post-4566-1360176092_thumb.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?

Christian, I would have piggy backed this post on this thread, but since that one was started on Jan. 19th, thought to start a new one.

edit: this is happening on all my Bitdefender PCs, including BD W8. Must be a server issue, as everything else is able to update?

I seem to be having this problem too.

• Why is this forum always dead?

I will contact Bitdefender support.

• Mallard65
    Options

Hello.

No luck with me with my Bitdefender Windows Security 8.

I have updates on prompt before download and no delayed restart.

• mitza97
    Options

I can confirm this problem. Maybe problems on update servers ???

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

With all these confirmations, that's what I'm thinking too.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

This issue seems to have been resolved, at least for me, as the updates are now downloading and installing.

• ozziebear
    Options
    This issue seems to have been resolved, at least for me, as the updates are now downloading and installing.

Yes, seems to be working again.

• columbo
    Options

Thanks ozziebear :) It seems to have just been a wee bit of a server issue. All seems well now :)

• seems to be sorted now Thanks

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Thank you for your feedback.

My colleagues investigated the situation and all our servers were up and running when this topic was created on the forums.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2013
    Options

Thanks for checking into it, Christian :) What could have caused it, do you have any ideas on that?

• alexx69
    Options

My colleagues investigated the situation and all our servers were up and running when this topic was created on the forums.

Have a great day!

Hello Christian,

I need your further assistance because my downloading/installing currently not work!

I wait for an hour to get my updates (size ~ 9MB) without success.

post-105258-1360337571_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much !

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Please stop the update process and reboot the system.

Let me know if everything is working properly after.

Take care.

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Christian,

After reboot situation is the same, but the size of the updates is now increased.

It´s the only change.....

post-105258-1360339248_thumb.jpg

Regards.

• alexx69
    Options

Have a great day!

Hello Christian,

The problem with the updates is now fully resolved, what was the cause? I really wouldn´t know.

I have not been totally disabled to downloading updates, but downloads were very slow.

For 9 MB I needed more than an hour......

By the way now everything works as it should be (I was monitored the situation in the last few hours) :)

Regards.

• coolcool1227
    Options

How do we know whether the server is functional or not outside Bitdefender, means any command like ping etc or something else to check its availability?