Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Doesn't Update Virus Signatures Anymore

Options

Hi, today i've seen BitDefender last update signatures was in 2/8/2013, before it update at the version 1.0.14.889, so i've downloaded again BitDefender and i've selected the option "repair". After the repair the program was again at the version 1.0.13.*.

With this version BitDefender has finally installed the last virus signatures version. After that it has downloaded again the version 1.0.14.889.

It doesn't update the virus signatures anymore. Why?

P.S.: sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• azavoianu
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hello,

Please try to restart your machine and update should work.

Thanks,

Alex

• rondey
    edited February 2013
    Options

No way, it doesn't work. So this morning i decided to uninstall the antivirus with the uninstall tool. After restart i've reinstalled bit defender. This time the version is 1.0.14.889. The last virus signatures now was at the 9:55 AM. At the 12:26 i restarted the PC.

This is part of the gzserv.log:

2013/02/12 13:58:01 EnginesUpdate.cpp [CheckEnginesUpdate] Performing engines update
    2013/02/12 13:58:09 EnginesUpdate.cpp [CheckEnginesUpdate] Update.exe returned 1168 (0x490)
    2013/02/12 13:58:09 EnginesUpdate.cpp [PostUpdateActions] No new update found

This is normal? Thank you for the answers

• Ok, maybe the problem is solved: now the last update was at the 3:59 PM.

• Ok

If you encounter other problems with bd avfree please tell us.

Thanks for feedback,

Alex